FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> "That Other Place" (THC) Acquired By NBC Universal
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:05 pm  Reply with quote

"That other place" was recently acquired by NBC Universal. I'm not posting a link; as I stated in another recent post I'm waiting for a 24/7 horror channel, not the same eleven movies over and over on demand ("Monsturd" - real quality horror there...and who exactly would be demanding that?).
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:32 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

That's not exactly true. They weren't "acquired." According to THC's own press release, they "entered into an agreement with nbbc, the newly created broadband arm of NBC Universal, for providing Horror Channel content to tens of millions of unique users worldwide. The deal also makes content from NBC, its affiliates and other nbbc partners, available to visitors of HorrorChannel.com. The Horror Channel will also share in broadband ad revenues."

Big difference.

Since the nbbc partners include a variety of Web site publishers and content companies, including CBS Corp's CSTV, CNET Networks, The New York Times Co.'s About.com and Forbes.com, somehow I don't see THC being a major player in all this.

But still, we wish them success.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:15 am  Reply with quote

The Woman In Black wrote:
That's not exactly true. They weren't "acquired." According to THC's own press release, they "entered into an agreement with nbbc, the newly created broadband arm of NBC Universal, for providing Horror Channel content to tens of millions of unique users worldwide. The deal also makes content from NBC, its affiliates and other nbbc partners, available to visitors of HorrorChannel.com. The Horror Channel will also share in broadband ad revenues."

Big difference.

Since the nbbc partners include a variety of Web site publishers and content companies, including CBS Corp's CSTV, CNET Networks, The New York Times Co.'s About.com and Forbes.com, somehow I don't see THC being a major player in all this.

But still, we wish them success.

Sorry. I almost phrased it as such but silly me I went with the wording used in the L.A. Times article.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:00 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Wow, I can't wait to watch "Law And Order: Criminal Intent" on demand!

And now for something completely different.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell