Ramis Gives More Ghostbusters 3 Details

default-featured-image

Egon talks Ghostbusters 3!First we heard from Dan Aykroyd about the very real possibility of “>Ghostbusters 3 happening, then word came down from Columbia announcing it was being developed, and now Harold Ramis, who co-wrote and starred as Egon in the first two, dropped a line to the Chicago Tribune with some details that I can’t help but point out sound very familiar…

”Columbia is developing a script for GB3 with my Year One writing partners, Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg. Judd Apatow is co-producing Year One and has made several other films for Sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent.” He told the paper, ”Aykroyd, Ivan Reitman and I are consulting at this point, and according to Dan, Bill Murray is willing to be involved on some level. He did record his dialogue for the new Ghostbusters video game, as did Danny and I, and Ernie Hudson. The concept is that the old Ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity. Not much else to say at this point. Everyone is confident a decent script can be written and I guess we’ll take it from there.”

As I’m sure you recall, shortly after Comic Con we did a “>story about a rumor of this very thing happening with Apatow’s regulars taking over for the old-school Ghostbusters. It was then squashed by some sources, but I think it’s safe to say we were on the money. Feels good.

Johnny Butane

GET YOURSELF SOMETHING COOL FROM EVILSHOP!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Tell us what you want from a new Ghostbusters movie below or in the Dread Central forums!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized