Goyer Dishes More Invisible Man Details

default-featured-image

David Goyer chats up Invisible ManA few weeks back, you may recall the first bit of news about David Goyer working on a new version of The Invisible Man for Universal. Well, recently he chatted with MTV’s Movies Blog and revealed that either that or X-Men Origins: Magneto will be the next project he’s working on.

Personally I’m hoping for the new Invisible Man, obviously, even if the plot smells very similar to 1942’s Invisible Agent; “My take is kind of an extrapolation.” Goyer told the blog. ”It actually deals with a nephew of the first character. It’s got some of the characters from the H.G. Wells book, but it’s kind of a continuation. It involves Scotland Yard getting their hands on the current Invisible Man and basically saying, ‘Wow, you’d be a really good secret agent to send into Imperial Russia right now,’”

As long as he keeps the comedy out of it, hopefully that’ll be the only similarity this new film has to Agent. Goyer promises that the film will be very steam punk, and that he’ll utilize technology to its fullest to create the effect of invisibility. “We do a lot of crazy things in it that are sort of far beyond what anyone’s done with it yet.” I guess we’ll have to wait and see!

Johnny Butane

GET YOURSELF SOMETHING COOL FROM EVILSHOP!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Disappear into the Dread Central forums!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized