Guillermo del Toro Reveals Pacific Rim 2 Plot Details

default-featured-image

If Guillermo del Toro has his way, production will begin on Pacific Rim 2 by the end of next year, and today he’s spilled some pretty tasty beans about the upcoming sequel. Who’s returning, and what can we expect from it? Read on for all the details!

In an interview with Collider, del Toro confirmed that both Charlie Day (pictured below) and Burn Gorman will be returning for Pacific Rim 2, reprising their respective roles from the first film. The sequel, he says, will pick up some time after the events of Pacific Rim, centering on the characters of Dr. Newton Geiszler (Day) and Gottlieb (Gorman).

It’s a few years after the first one,” said the visionary filmmaker. “It’s not an immediate follow-up. It is the world having been freed of Kaiju, what happens to the world after – what happens to the Jaeger technology once the Kaiju are not a threat. It’s quite a jump.”

It’s quite a different movie from the first one, but I think that two of our main characters, like in the first one, are Burn and Charlie,” continued Del Toro. “I mean, honestly, they are probably the guys I have the most fun writing along with Hannibal Chau, so just from a purely selfish drive, I like writing them. You’re gonna get a lot of that, but the Kaijus are very different and you’re gonna see a very different type of the robots.”

Interesting. Very interesting. Color me intrigued!

day2

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: