Battlestar Director to Helm Witchblade

default-featured-image

Michael Rymer will be wiedling the WitchbladeThough I’ve yet to see a single episode of “Battlestar Galactica” (ducks), the show is so revered by people whose opinions I respect that I’m sure this is good news for the new Witchblade movie. Variety reports that “Battlestar” director Michael Rymer is on board to both produce and direct the film, which is based on the Top Cow comic of the same name.

Suddenly the geek crossover potential just shot through the roof. Rymer directed 20 episodes of the award-winning series, produced 40, and is currently shooting the series’ finale as well. Working on Witchblade immediately afterwards gives the film a brand new boost of street cred.

Of course, mentioning that he also directed the atrocious Queen of the Damned may not help much, but in the interest of full disclosure, it should be known.

Witchblade follows a jewel-encrusted gauntlet that manages to find its way into the hands of a new woman each generation, bestowing her with great powers that allow her kick all manner of supernatural evil. Now we just have to figure out who will be its new owner…

Johnny Butane

GET YOURSELF SOMETHING COOL FROM EVILSHOP!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Wish you could fight evil with your gauntlet in the Dread Central forums!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized