FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Zombies in Saints Row
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:22 pm  Reply with quote

I've read this in a few places but have not had a chance to test it out:

After the leader of the Westside Rollerz missions dies, you can have her come back as a zombie. Call Eye for an Eye (5555966) and you add her as a party member. She drives a hearse, beats people with her own arm, and sometimes eat a dead body also.
Uncle Creepy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:28 pm  Reply with quote
Pop Culture Icon

I heart the 360
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:39 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

They really thought of everything for this game, didn't they?

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:42 pm  Reply with quote

Everything except a decent ending. I was rather pissed.
conundrum
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:52 pm  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Rockstar really thought of everything for this game, didn't they?

Fixed.
Fireflyfan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:42 pm  Reply with quote

conundrum wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:

Fixed.

To be fair, this game improves on gta in a lot of ways. Some of the missions like fraud are excellent new additions to the genre, unparralled customisation, better targeting and online play.
The Buz
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:39 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Fireflyfan wrote:
conundrum wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:

Fixed.

To be fair, this game improves on gta in a lot of ways. Some of the missions like fraud are excellent new additions to the genre, unparralled customisation, better targeting and online play.

That's cool. Rockstar still revalutionized the idea and will after all the smoke clears of all the other shitty rip off's make once again a bad ass grand theft auto game.

Rockstar ROCKS.

I only wish for them to do a free roam zombie game.
Which I know would be AMAZING.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:32 pm  Reply with quote

Atomic_Ilk wrote:
Fireflyfan wrote:
conundrum wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:

Fixed.

That's cool. Rockstar still revalutionized the idea and will after all the smoke clears of all the other shitty rip off's make once again a bad ass grand theft auto game.

Rockstar ROCKS.

That would be cool. I remember the talk about people wishing that there was a mod to turn San Andreas into a zombie killing game, but that never saw anything come of it.

Personally, I can't wait to play Bully. It sounds really interesting, and it's going to piss off the usual misinformed jackoffs thta have a vendetta against Rockstar.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
The Buz
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:20 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Chainsaw wrote:
Atomic_Ilk wrote:
Fireflyfan wrote:
conundrum wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:

Fixed.

Rockstar ROCKS.

That would be cool. I remember the talk about people wishing that there was a mod to turn San Andreas into a zombie killing game, but that never saw anything come of it.

Personally, I can't wait to play Bully. It sounds really interesting, and it's going to piss off the usual misinformed jackoffs thta have a vendetta against Rockstar.

What is Bully about? I've only seen the title advertised at local game shops, I have no idea what it is exactly.
conundrum
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:22 am  Reply with quote

Atomic_Ilk wrote:
Fireflyfan wrote:
conundrum wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:

Fixed.

Rockstar ROCKS.

I dunno. They can be iffy, I mean, I would not want another "State of Emergency."

And yes, what is "Bully" about? I have heard about the controversy but since "SoE" I just kind of ignore Rockstar outside of "GTA."
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:25 am  Reply with quote

Bully has been blown up by the media. I kept reading stories about how the game was going to make you the bully and all this other nonsense.

In Rockstar's Bully you are simply a kid at a private school who has enough of the REAL BULLIES and the corrupt administration and you decide to fight back, but in a less violent way than we are used to in GTA.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:53 pm  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
Bully has been blown up by the media. I kept reading stories about how the game was going to make you the bully and all this other nonsense.

In Rockstar's Bully you are simply a kid at a private school who has enough of the REAL BULLIES and the corrupt administration and you decide to fight back, but in a less violent way than we are used to in GTA.

Yup. There's a great article about the game in this month's GameInformer that blows out a lot of details about the game. In fact, Jimmy, the protagonist of Bully, isn't even a bully at all, and most of the plot revolves around how he rallies the various cliques at the school (Nerd, Jock, Socs, and Greasers) to take on the Bully contingency. It sounds like a more focused version of the GTA ethos of sandbox play, but removes most of the overt violence, sexuality, and swearing. Basically, a lot of critics are probably going to look foolish when they condemn this as GTA for kids.

Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:49 pm  Reply with quote

Back to Saints Row ...

I tried out the Zombie Lin thing and it works. She's shirtless with a bit of seaweed covering her dirty pillows.

She removes her arm and beats people with it and sometimes feasts on a dead body. What I like best is that she screams for brains like the good old Return of the Living Dead days.
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:04 pm  Reply with quote

You mean Bully isn't going to be a videogame version of that horrible Nick Stahl movie?