FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Supernatural anyone?
Freddy_K's_Daughter
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:15 am  Reply with quote

I happen to love this show.
Couldn't sleep the night the Bloody Mary episode came on.
I played her victim for halloween.
Nate77
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:38 am  Reply with quote

I thought it was a great show after i watched the pilot. I can't wait until next season to see what they go after! Great music used in the show also.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:06 am  Reply with quote

I tried. I really tried. But Jensen Ackles is so smug and annoying that he makes me want to throw my television at random passers-by. And when the dorky duo continually managed to pass themselves off as federal agents and the like, the mechanism in my imagination that allowed for suspension of disbelief promptly exploded.

Occasionally nice fx and flashy editing don't make up for recycled, second-rate X-Files storylines and characters that I don't remotely care about. Sorry.
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:17 am  Reply with quote

Like with most shows in its first season it does need improvement, but for the most part I enjoy Supernatural. I just hope the suits don't try to mass with it once it airs on The CW. And no female character joining the cast, that will ruin it for me.

Spiderbaby
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:18 am  Reply with quote

Haven't tried this one yet. Dunno, guess I have too much access to other options. Maybe one day I will be sittin' around and tune in.
Goo4reel
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:53 pm  Reply with quote

Fun Show Surprise They Showed A throat SLashing in such detail. Well said!
Freddy_K's_Daughter
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:29 pm  Reply with quote

I love this show man.I don't see how people don't like it.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:36 pm  Reply with quote

The series got off to kind of a bumpy start, but I felt it's really developed, even in late in the first season. The stories were better in the middle of the season, and that issue with the gun has many allusions to a much better plot. I hope they move on for the second season. Obviously someone is going to bite it and I have the feeling it's going to be their father. I'm looking forward to the second season, without a doubt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:06 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
The series got off to kind of a bumpy start, but I felt it's really developed, even in late in the first season. The stories were better in the middle of the season, and that issue with the gun has many allusions to a much better plot. I hope they move on for the second season. Obviously someone is going to bite it and I have the feeling it's going to be their father. I'm looking forward to the second season, without a doubt.

I agree the later episodes are much better, although "Home"(which is in the beginning of the season) is one of my favorites. Padalecki and Ackles have a pretty good grasp of their characters now, and it shows in the later episodes.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:08 pm  Reply with quote

GODHOOD wrote:
I agree the later episodes are much better, although "Home"(which is in the beginning of the season) is one of my favorites. Padalecki and Ackles have a pretty good grasp of their characters now, and it shows in the later episodes.

I agree with you. Of course my favorite character is Dean, but the show is great beyond some minor faults here and there. That bloody mary episode was awfully reminiscent of "The Ring", but I love it. I can't wait for the DVD season set.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:21 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
GODHOOD wrote:

I agree with you. Of course my favorite character is Dean, but the show is great beyond some minor faults here and there. That bloody mary episode was awfully reminiscent of "The Ring", but I love it. I can't wait for the DVD season set.

They definitely ripped off "The Ring" in that last scene. The ones that fall short are "Phantom Traveler", "Route 666" and "Bugs" the CGI Bees were painfully obvious. Dean was great in "Something Wicked" with the flashbacks to his childhood.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:25 pm  Reply with quote

GODHOOD wrote:
Terminal wrote:
GODHOOD wrote:

They definitely ripped off "The Ring" in that last scene. The ones that fall short are "Phantom Traveler", "Route 666" and "Bugs" the CGI Bees were painfully obvious. Dean was great in "Something Wicked" with the flashbacks to his childhood.

The Hook is one of my favorite episodes barnone. And the vampire one. The season finale was also rather excellent. These characters are great and well defined. So alike, but so different, and the father-son dynamic is fun.

The father is well acted and well drawn, and the Winchesters are a great family.
Fotno
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:59 pm  Reply with quote

Looks like the Supernatural crew has really learned the right way to tell this type of story over the first season, so I'm really looking forward to it. If the sophomore curse (departing writers, huge character or style changes) don't get 'em, I think season two will be great.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:48 pm  Reply with quote

Fotno wrote:
Looks like the Supernatural crew has really learned the right way to tell this type of story over the first season, so I'm really looking forward to it. If the sophomore curse (departing writers, huge character or style changes) don't get 'em, I think season two will be great.

Season two of series are usually pretty tame. Smallville, Curb your Enthusiasm, Buffy, they're usually just regaining their footing and, as you said, changing things up a bit.
Screamz
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:16 pm  Reply with quote

I didn't have much faith in this, but gave a try anyway and was pleasently surprised that it was actually really good. I was glad to hear that it survived the WB/UPN merge and can't wait to see what happens in season two, especially after that last shot from the final episode of season one... Ahhh!