FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Blade
i3ullseye
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:00 am  Reply with quote

It has been said that there is more material to be added once this hits DVD. Enough to gurantee the R rating minimum ... as it is pretty damn close right now. If they pack the extras on, this could be one of the best DVD sets ever released.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:01 am  Reply with quote

Yeah, they've certainly pushed the envelope with the level of violence presented. I'd LOVE to see what they had to excise, and I'll certainly be picking up the set when it's released. Looking forward to the finale this week -- the Blade/Van Sciver faceoff promises to kick some serious ass, as does the inevitable Krista/Chase smackdown -- good fun to be had. It's a real shame that Collins died last week, though, as he was a major boon to the show and an ever-intriguing character. I appreciated the human outider angle he brought. Charlotte's death was pretty sweet, however, and I loved the fact that she vamped everybody at the weekly Pancake Breakfast! Laughing

I really do hope Spike picks it up for another season. It's got so much more untapped potential. The ratings are solid, but there's been no official word yet.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:11 pm  Reply with quote

Season Finale tonight! Will Marcus succeed in killing the pureblood leaders at the conclave? Will Blade get any lines as remotely cool as "Some motherfuckers are always trying to iceskate uphill?" Will Krista sucumb to Chase's otherworldly desires? Will there be even more blood, gore and kinky sex?

You can damn well bet that I'll be tuning in to find out as the best horror series on television wraps up its stellar first season.
NMEwithin
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:47 pm  Reply with quote
Power Mad Dictator

The Finale was pretty good.....Blade's hideout decimated, Vince tortured.....Marcus and Blade sword fight....I liked it.

The effect for the pure blood's dying could have been better though....they just turned into piles of black goo.....I dunno
Messiahman
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:31 pm  Reply with quote

I enjoyed it for the most part, as well -- the fight scene was good, if a little too short. Agreed on the pureblood deaths. After seeing the eye-exploding, face-melting effect the antigen had on Chase's old lover a few weeks back, the basic "puddle of goo" effects were a little anticlimactic, though I did appreciate Blade's "You can't have a party without a keg" line. The stakes have been raised now, and it'll be interesting to see both Blade and Marcus on the run next season...I mean, if there is a next season.

There'd better be a next season.

Last edited by Messiahman on Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
NMEwithin
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:16 pm  Reply with quote
Power Mad Dictator

Messiahman wrote:
I enjoyed it for the most part, as well -- the fight scene was good, if a little too short. Agreed on the pureblood deaths. After seeing the exe-exploding, face-melting effect the antigen had on Chase's old lover a few weeks back, the basic "puddle of goo" effects were a little anticlimactic, though I did appreciate Blade's "You can't have a party without a keg" line. The stakes have been raised now, and it'll be interesting to see both Blade and Marcus on the run next season...I mean, if there is a next season.

There'd better be a next season.

No shit....best new show on TV.....IMO

I think it will get picked up....
Sirand
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:15 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I'm halfway through Season One.
I never ever thought I'd be saying this, but...

Blade: The Series kicks MAJOR ass!

The pilot was so unbelievably dull, but the show just kept gaining momentum with each episode. I've now had a total change of heart. The writing is rock solid and each episode delivers more than enough gore and action.

I hope more people give this one a second chance. I've never seen a television show so bad get so good.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:36 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:

The pilot was so unbelievably dull, but the show just kept gaining momentum with each episode. I've now had a total change of heart. The writing is rock solid and each episode delivers more than enough gore and action.

I hope more people give this one a second chance. I've never seen a television show so bad get so good.

One of us...one of us... Razz
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:28 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:

Yay! Sirand's one of us now! Hooray! Mr. Green

Now hopefully SPIKE TV sees that there's a dedicated viewership and rewards this series with a rightfully deserved second season.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:12 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.dreadcentral.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=539

Well, shit. Due to budget cuts at Spike, it's been cancelled, which is just a damned shame. The show had just started to reach its stride. I suppose that Spike can now show more UFC matches, shitty episodes of The Dudesons and encless Star Trek marathons than ever before.
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:58 pm  Reply with quote

I really only saw the pilot, but I wasn't willing to continue it because I wasn't interested in anything beyond it seeing as how I thought it was pretty crummy, so the cancellation obviously doesn't annoy me in any way.

Its too bad they didn't get to featuring Moon Knight. I'd have seen this to catch him kick ass.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Limpfreak
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:51 pm  Reply with quote

I just saw the news about the show being cancelled and i have to say i'm pissed and sad. Annoyed Sad

I loved this show and i would look forward to every Wednesday to be able to see this show.

With the way the Season Finale ending i would have expected for there to be another season but this caught me off guard.

Hopefully Spike TV sees that they fucked up on cancelling the show and bring it back sometime soon.

http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?member=Limpfreak&list=owned
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:39 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
I really only saw the pilot, but I wasn't willing to continue it because I wasn't interested in anything beyond it seeing as how I thought it was pretty crummy, so the cancellation obviously doesn't annoy me in any way.

Its too bad they didn't get to featuring Moon Knight. I'd have seen this to catch him kick ass.

Once again, the pilot (which I hated) was not indicative of the series as a whole; this became, IMO, the best horror series on television, bar none. Far better and ballsier than anything else around (this thing could eat up safe fare like SUPERNATURAL in seconds and leave nothing but bloody chunks). Hell, it even won over Sirand -- and you should've seen the look on his face when I first started telling him that it was worth a second look, or better yet heard the amazement in his voice when called me up to agree. The critics were noticing as well (EW named it on ther must-watch list) and the ratings were quite good. Quality was winning out. Too bad Spike's budget cuts kneecapped it.

I'll be snapping up the DVD set to show my support. This is the only show in recent memory that I can truly say was cancelled before its time.
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:45 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Once again, the pilot (which I hated) was not indicative of the series as a whole; this became,

Yes, MM, I'm well aware of that, as I've heard many people repeat that same line over and over and over. I get that, I however, did not continue watching after the pilot so I (the emphasis on I) did not bother checking it out, so I'm not really bothered by its cancellation.

Don't act like everything I say is a personal attack on your taste. My opinions are not always aimed your way. I felt the series didn't warrant continued viewing for me, let me have my opinion and feel free to give yours, but don't charge at me as if you're preaching gospel to a person who has no clue.

If you think I have bad taste, fine, if you think I should give it a chance, say so without using a show I enjoy and pissing on it, and if you disagree, then great, tell me you disagree, don't say "ONCE AGAIN," as if you're speaking to a five year old who is sure Alaska is in Texas. I'm not going to say "Oh, My mistake, you're very right, I don't know what I was thinking."

I never said the show sucked hard, I said it doesn't bother me because I never felt compelled to continue watching beyond the pilot, HOWEVER I was willing to see Moon Knight on the series.

I have very low patience to wait for shows to gain momentum, so I quit it, thus the cancellation doesn't really bother me too much.

Tis MY opinion.

Messiahman wrote:
Too bad Spike's budget cuts kneecapped it.

Same thing happened with "Farscape," and "Buffy." The show got too popular for the network's budget, and they kicked it out the back door.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:59 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Yes, MM, I'm well aware of that, as I've heard many people repeat that same line over and over and over. I get that, I however, did not continue watching after the pilot so I (the emphasis on I) did not bother checking it out, so I'm not really bothered by its cancellation.

Don't act like everything I say is a personal attack on your taste. My opinions are not always aimed your way. I felt the series didn't warrant continued viewing for me, let me have my opinion and feel free to give yours, but don't charge at me as if you're preaching gospel to an ignorant fool.

Dude, you're the one on the soapbox, and I'm not attacking you. Rather, I'm stating the facts of the case. Chill out.

I don't begrudge you your opinion of the single episode you watched (although I do think it's a shame that you missed something this damned good based on one viewing of what is almost always any show's weakest episode).

So stop trying to spar with me, as well. I don't have any olive branches, but will you take a fig newton instead?

Messiahman wrote:
Same thing happened with "Farscape," and "Buffy." The show got too popular for the network's budget, and they kicked it out the back door.

"Farscape" was a good bit different, actually. It was a victim of its own asshole-ish showrunner going WAY overbudget and causing endless problems with the network, And the ratings were in the toilet. They have no one to blame but themselves, though it was hellishly amusing to see them carping after the fact. And anyway, the fourth season was such a drastic downturn in quality that it was a mercy killing.