FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> HOLLYWOODLAND
Mina Harker
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:14 pm  Reply with quote

This looks right up my viewing interest alley - a story about the "mysterious" death of George Reeves - the Man of Steel himself. Has anyone seen/heard anything about it?? I feel complelled to see it this weekend. I read that Ben Affleck is actually good as Reeves! Shocked

Thanks.

"Ohhhhhh Chick"
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:19 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

I'm intrigued by the plot, but I just don't know if I can buy Affleck as Reeves. It just doesn't click for me. Y'know, because (aside from Kevin Smith's flicks) Affleck sucks in every role he takes.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:38 pm  Reply with quote

We may not see a lot of Reeves though, the film may concentrate on the investigation and the oddities surrounding his "suicide."
Mina Harker
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:30 pm  Reply with quote

I saw this today. I've been hearing rumors about George Reeves death for many, many years. The Adventures of Superman on black and white TV was a staple when I was a kid. Why when I was your age...

That's my prelude...

I really enjoyed this movie. In my experienced opinion, Ben Affleck nailed George Reeves. Extraordinary acting, or the same feeling of sitting in a theatre where everyone is laughing at you? Not if you see his performance in

[/b]HOLLYWOODLAND

Did you guys know that was on the official LA sign many moons ago? Sure you did. LOL

Well, the acting was superative. The pacing was a bit slow at times. And I would have liked to have seen more of the George Reeves story and less of the Louis Simo story. (Since we begin with June 16, 1959, we see a lot of Reeves/Affleck in "flashbacks".)

This movie raised many questions, but answered few.Honestly, after a lot of the mindless dribble that has been coming out of Hollywood lately, I'd like to think of this flick as a who-don-it we may be able to work out!

Or not. Laughing

"Ohhhhhh Chick"