FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> SCI FI To Air "Tales From The Darkside"!!! Yay!!!
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:19 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

RhodesisGod wrote:
Terminal wrote:
I'm definitely going to start watching it.

The theme song put the fear of god in me as a child. I'd literally start screaming when the theme song would play.

I wish they'd re-air "Monsters". That show rocked.


Same here, that beginning is something DAMN creepy.

I used to love staying up late and watching these with my dad when I was a kid.


Hah. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'd go frantic if the theme song would go on. Horrifying. Since I was groomed to be a horror fan since I was four, my mom would watch this and "Friday the 13th" with me every weekend. Very Happy
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Grimmaldi
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:35 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 70
Location: YMB

Sorry to bump a 3 day old thread, if they're really gonna start showing these I'm hyped. The theme and opening video is the creepiest for any show I've ever seen. Just .. something about it.
I heard Sci-fi was being bought out, which sucks but hopefully this doesnt get shelved in the meantime. Need to see the episode where the guy loses his nose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:25 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 2683
Location: Savannah, Georgia

Grimmaldi wrote:
Sorry to bump a 3 day old thread, if they're really gonna start showing these I'm hyped. The theme and opening video is the creepiest for any show I've ever seen. Just .. something about it.
I heard Sci-fi was being bought out, which sucks but hopefully this doesnt get shelved in the meantime. Need to see the episode where the guy loses his nose


Nah, SCI FI's not getting bought out. The channel is still owned by NBC Universal. There was a fake press release touting that SCI FI was changing their name to Surge and going to air more mainstream fare but it was all a ruse -- although SCI FI really doesn't reflect their name these days, what with ECW on there and their pandering to the lowest common denominator of the viewing public (with their atrocious Saturday night movies). I consider Battlestar Galactica something that snuck out, as it really is the antithesis of the usual lame quality of what SCI FI offers - in other words, Battlestar Galactica is good, intelligent, articulate programming created, written, and produced by creative minds. I've not watched Eureka yet (I have all of the episodes on TiVo to watch) but I've heard good things.
_________________
"I hate all sports as rabidly as a person who likes sports hates common sense." - H. L. Mencken
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HookerTrash
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:07 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 156

I love the theme song... It didn't scare me in the beginning but it scared me at the end of the show... It was the " try to enjoy the daylight " that made me sleep with the lights on....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xfoley8
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:04 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 59

HookerTrash wrote:
I love the theme song... It didn't scare me in the beginning but it scared me at the end of the show... It was the " try to enjoy the daylight " that made me sleep with the lights on....


And, sadly, we'll probably lose the closing narration, since Sci-Fi slaps promos for their shows and crappy movies on the end credits of everything they show. Still, I'm sure the opening should remain intact. If not- blasphemy!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HookerTrash
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:32 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 156

xfoley8 wrote:
HookerTrash wrote:
I love the theme song... It didn't scare me in the beginning but it scared me at the end of the show... It was the " try to enjoy the daylight " that made me sleep with the lights on....


And, sadly, we'll probably lose the closing narration, since Sci-Fi slaps promos for their shows and crappy movies on the end credits of everything they show. Still, I'm sure the opening should remain intact. If not- blasphemy!


Aw man, I hate when they do that shit! That theme song rules and there needs to be absolute SILENCE till it's over. If not, off with their heads!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xfoley8
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:47 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 59

If anyone's interested, Sci-fi has posted the actual eps they are showing in their on-line October schedule. I wish they were showing them in broadcast order, like they are with Dead Like Me, but at least they don't appear to be repeating eps before they get through them all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Dread Central Forum Index -> The Terror Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum