ABC is Fallen

default-featured-image

FallenI know, news about a movie set to premiere on ABC Family may not seem like the hardest of hardcore horror to you guys, but I think some of you will still dig this.

The movie I refer to is called Fallen, based on a series of books by author Tom Sniegoski. Having nothing whatsoever to do with the Denzel Washington flick of the same name, this movie (the first of what will hopefully be three) is about a kid named Aaron, newly adopted into a family who really seems to care for him and thinking that finally life is going to turn around… until his 18th birthday hits.

FallenSuddenly he’s developed all manner of strange powers and a recurring, haunting dream that is disrupting all aspects of his life. A homeless man named Ezekiel, who claims to be a fallen angel, tells Aaron that he is a Nephilim, a half angel/half human, and he’s being hunted by a band of evil angels called The Powers, who want nothing more than to see Aaron dead.

Shit goes bad, to say the least. I’ve read all four books in Sniegoski’s series, and it’s some great reading – fast paced and fun with just the right amount of bloodshed to make the drama that much more real. Hopefully the movie, which stars Paul Wesley, Tom Skerritt, and Rick Worthy, will follow suit.

Fallen premieres this Sunday night, July 23rd, at 8/7c on ABC Family. Check out their page for it here for more details. Give it a chance, it may surprise you!

Johnny Butane

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Discuss your broken wings in our forums!

Share: 

Categorized: