FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Deadwood
Intheend
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:20 pm  Reply with quote

Anybody else into Deadwood? I have been a loyal fan since the first season. David Milch is a aces in my book. A little pissed to find out this is the last season (apart from the to have two two-hour telefilms in place of a fourth season). Al Swearengen's a hoot!
Goo4reel
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:51 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah This is My Favorite show on the Tube and having 2 Tele-films just sucks instead of 12 episodes I mean come on HBO you Cancel Carnival now this!!
Billz
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:46 pm  Reply with quote

I caught the first episode and liked it. I'm thinking of buying the dvd sets, but I'm skeptical. How is the action? Gritty and violent, or watered down?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sirand
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:06 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I've just started watching this show. I love it! Swearington and his merry band of cocksuckers rule!
Goo4reel
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:04 am  Reply with quote

Cocksuckerssssssssssss
Messiahman
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:20 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
I've just started watching this show. I love it! Swearington and his merry band of cocksuckers rule!

About fuckin' time, you cocksucking hooplehead.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:23 am  Reply with quote

Billz wrote:
I caught the first episode and liked it. I'm thinking of buying the dvd sets, but I'm skeptical. How is the action? Gritty and violent, or watered down?

Headsmashingly violent, literally. The show pulls no punches, though it's not a primarily action-oriented show. Regardless, it's powerful, well-written stuff. Buy the sets. You won't be disappointed.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:29 pm  Reply with quote

I love this show. Have loved it since episode one.

I love westerns, and I love how this is an original type of Western. Verbose, yet utterly violent.

I'm heartbroken this is ending.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Demiurge
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:29 pm  Reply with quote

I just love the dialogue in Deadwood. I wish people really talked like that - no, I'm not refering to the swearing... people already *DO* talk like that. Wink
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:59 pm  Reply with quote

Demiurge wrote:
I just love the dialogue in Deadwood. I wish people really talked like that - no, I'm not refering to the swearing... people already *DO* talk like that. Wink

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
amylynnbest
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:03 pm  Reply with quote

We got the first and second seasons on DVD- haven't seen the third yet since I won't get HBO- but I love it. Fantastic show. Of course it was cancelled!
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:59 pm  Reply with quote

amylynnbest wrote:
We got the first and second seasons on DVD- haven't seen the third yet since I won't get HBO- but I love it. Fantastic show. Of course it was cancelled!

Well, with all consideration, I hear HBO had to release the cast of their contracts because they all wanted to move on.

You have to take in consideration that HBO didn't hire unknowns for this series. They hired all accomplished, seasoned, talented, and pricey character actors, all of whom have a true career in film.

I'm not that surprised about it. I'm sad, but I'm not surprised.
Miss Wormwood
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:42 am  Reply with quote

This is pretty old news, but I didn't know about it until recently. For anyone else who might be shedding a bitter tear over Deadwood not realizing that they AREN'T going to pull a big fat Carnivalesque fuck-you: Merry Early Christmas.
DoNNie DaRKo
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:36 pm  Reply with quote

did anyone feel for Al...seeing him so hurt and vulnerable and actually having to lean on Bullock at the end of last weeks episode?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:41 pm  Reply with quote

DoNNie DaRKo wrote:
did anyone feel for Al...seeing him so hurt and vulnerable and actually having to lean on Bullock at the end of last weeks episode?

Not particularly. He brought it on himself, he's a king losing his kingdom and he's finally met his match. Everyone has.