Ernie Hudson Totally Isn’t Down with the Ghostbusters Reboot

default-featured-image

GhostbustersWhen it was officially announced yesterday that the Paul Feig-directed Ghostbusters reboot will essentially be a standalone film with an all-female cast, many fans weren’t happy about the news.

Unsurprisingly, those who stood to make a good deal of money on a potential third installment of the franchise weren’t either, and Ernie Hudson is making no bones about that loss of a hearty paycheck.

In an interview with the UK’s Telegraph, Hudson expressed his anger over the direction being taken with the film, as he feels that there’s little to no point in making a Ghostbusters movie if it’s not going to feature the original cast.

I heard it was going to be a total reboot and that it would have nothing to do with the other two movies,” said the actor, who played Winston Zeddemore in the original films. “If it has nothing to do with the other two movies, and it’s all female, then why are you calling it Ghostbusters?

Maybe it will come out and be the most amazing thing,” he admitted, “but in my opinion I think it would be wrong to do another movie that didn’t include the guys. And that didn’t include me!

As for the all-female cast, Hudson also spoke about that, digging himself into a hole and ensuring that he’s now the least favorite member of the original team in the minds of all female fans.

I love females,” he insisted. “I hope that if they go that way, at least they’ll be funny; and if they’re not funny, at least hopefully it’ll be sexy. I love the idea of including women; I think that’s great. But all-female I think would be a bad idea. I don’t think the fans want to see that.

Something tells me Hudson’s tune would totally change if he was offered a cameo in the reboot…

hudson2

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: