FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Fangoria TV
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:49 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

freddyzchic19 wrote:
I won't really believe any horror channels are coming out til i see them....

and I think that this one will definitely rock when it gets on the air!

Just to make sure we're all on the same page here, "this one" (assuming you mean Dread Central) has no intention of being a channel or getting "on the air."
Murder
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:08 pm  Reply with quote

NMEwithin wrote:
I wish I still had my Batman running with the smoking Fango Bomb animation.....

NMEwithin
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:15 pm  Reply with quote
Power Mad Dictator

LOL....Right On!! Thanks Murder...... Wink
Murder
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:17 pm  Reply with quote

No prob!
M Sinistrari
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:50 am  Reply with quote

Location: New Mexico, where aliens vacation and Chupacabra's everywhere.

In all honesty, I'll be happy for whatever other horror themed channels come out. I just hope they're on whatever cable service I have at the time.
Krugrsgrl
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:55 am  Reply with quote

Yep- but which one is going to be the one that really does horror justice. Who's gonna go that extra mile. Shocked Well... we're talking to them right now but now they're without a home. God fucking dam. Annoyed

But like I sorta said before- screw it. We've seen alot of the films- we will not bow down to anything. 'cough sci-fi usa thc 'cough'
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:43 am  Reply with quote

Krugrsgrl wrote:
Yep- but which one is going to be the one that really does horror justice. Who's gonna go that extra mile. Shocked Well... we're talking to them right now but now they're without a home. God fucking dam. Annoyed

But like I sorta said before- screw it. We've seen alot of the films- we will not bow down to anything. 'cough sci-fi usa thc 'cough'

Yeah, you're right I fear. I'm afraid we'll get a really great horror channel on cable some day in the near future but then, through various corporate mergers and buyouts, we'll get treated to shows like The Fall Guy or movies like Braveheart (remember when SCI FI ran this a few years back?) and F/X, along with lame corporate-speak about how they're "broadening the channel's horizons and its viewership". Witness SCI FI these days -- it's really quite deplorable.
ProfGriffin
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:39 pm  Reply with quote

Sifu Scott wrote:
I think a good indicator of how well FangoTV is doing is the fact that they pay their talent...Just food for thought...

Yup.

That and it's Fangoria. Say what you will about the magazine, but it's a name that's been around for 30 + years.

Plus they are all very good people..

Prof. Griffin
Fangoria TV
doghead76
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:45 pm  Reply with quote

True..Rue Morgue would be a much better channel, as they are more diverse...FAngo TV..as I see it would be a horror version of E! .
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:12 pm  Reply with quote

I'm now at a point where if it happens it happens, I won't invest any of my time and energy with "supposedly" upcoming horror channels. I threw my THC T-shirt in the trash can this morning.
hoggle
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:21 pm  Reply with quote

I'm looking foreward to FangoTV and I hope it is able to take off. Looking at their site, they have some interesting shows such as Trailer Park with Debbie Rochon, and a number of other shows that sound promising.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I can't wait to hear Fango Radio when it launches for a show tomorrow night on Sirius.
Johnny Butane
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:46 pm  Reply with quote
Elf Fluffer

At this point I'm just waiting until we finally upgrade and going for Monsters HD. Everyone who has it has nothing but good stuff to say about it, and you have to respect the kinds of people who will give money to Stuart Gordon...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nick
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:47 am  Reply with quote

doghead76 wrote:
True..Rue Morgue would be a much better channel, as they are more diverse...FAngo TV..as I see it would be a horror version of E! .

that's what I think... but I really hope fangoria doesn't turn out that way.
sonny gaunt
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pm  Reply with quote

Hey I don't have any TV cable nor sat, just a HD set and an upgrade player(region free natch). My buddie has DISH MHD is amazing-their catalogue is AMAZING-titles from Universal, FOX, and more independants than I can ever hope to name.
Not to piss on anyone's campfire, aside from horror TV shows MHD honestly has the market pretty well represented. Their line up years ago blew butnow it's astounishing. I could throw away half my DVD's and not fret. And not to mention the F***in' transfers are ungodly.
So I known DREAD is not a channel but honestly FEB 2007 is not that far away-so pony up now for HD sets or pony up later for rip-off down converters.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:44 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Nick wrote:
I'd rather see the Rue Morgue channel.
Much better mag.

Listen to this man, Flounder. He's in pre-med.

Fango has become in the last 10 years nothing more than a corporate shill for the studios looking to make a fast buck off of their movies. I came up reading Fango, and was severely dissapointed when it started to occur to me that all of the articles were nothing more than fluff pieces and long, boring behind-the-scenes articles. Everyone loved each movie they worked on, and they believed in even the lowest pieces of DTV trash. And the lack of critical reviews were embarrassing. When the only feedback you recieve from most of the big-budget movies out there exists in your letter column, you should know something's wrong. Which is a shame, because there were things, like the "Forgotten Horrors" articles, and frequent contributions from Tom Mes, that I enjoyed immensely.

I bring this up because in the pages of Rue Morgue this month, Jovanka Vuckovic confirmed something I have long held as suspiscion. In her "Notes From The Underground" editorial, she talks about the games that some, if not all, studios play to try to get their latest assembly-line products the maximum exposure possibly. She relates the tale of working out the cover of the Halloween 2003 issue, and receiving a call from a studio rep her first day at work. As Jovanka puts it: "The woman on the other line (a representative of the studio's marketing department) had an interest in what they could do to 'facilitate' their shithhel requisite holiday release slithering it's way onto our cover. Of course, I turned them down but not before she gently reminded me that they were buying advertisement and several other publications and websites had already taken the bribe, so why shouldn't we?" She goes on to say how she wasn't so reviled at the lightly-veiled threat, but how easy others bent at the will of the studios. That is why I read Rue Morgue. I appreciate that kind of insight and honestly, the same way they appreciate horror in all it's forms, not just the shit-of-the-week remake. And while there's no hard evidence, one could make the case that Fango is one of the prime examples of such weak-willingness.

Thank god for Ryan Rotten. Hopefully someday, he'll usurp Timpone as EIC, and a real fan can restore a magazine I used to find great joy in back to the glory it once had.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell