Dawn of the Dead Goes 3-D!

default-featured-image

In threeeeeeeeeeee deeeeeeeeeeeee!Some exciting news just sprang up, hot on the heels of learning that Dawn of the Dead would be screening at “>Monroeville Mall next month.

Fangoria learned from Dawn ’78 and Dawn ’04 producer Richard Rubinstein that George A. Romero’s classic will be entering the third dimension! Yep, Dawn of the Dead is going under the knife to get a fancy 3D treatment.

The process is no easy task, but Rubinstein assured Fango that the film won’t have to suffer from editing in order to achieve the popular effect, “I couldn’t see how it could be used without re-editing George’s film, which I was not going to do. I was also concerned that converting a 29-year-old movie would not be competitive qualitatively with the new 3-D live-action features being shot today. I was wrong in both cases. George’s Dawn of the Dead can be reformatted into 3-D without any editing, and the image looks spectacular! As it stands now, it will take about a year to complete the conversion of the whole film.”

No word yet on when we’ll see this on the big screen.

Syxx

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Discuss this in our Dread Central forums!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized