Vampire Movie Wins Tribeca’s Feature Award

default-featured-image

Let the Right One InAnother Tribeca has come and gone, and with it another great selection of horror movies (hit the “Tribeca 2008” link to read about ‘em). I expected at least one or two would take home some awards, but to learn that a horror movie got Tribeca’s feature prize in the festival? That’s just awesome.

The film is Tomas Alfredson’s Let the Right One In, the story of a young boy growing up isolated in a small town who falls for the mysterious girl next door, who he soon realizes is a vampire. Usually such a plot synopsis would cause mine eyes to roll into the back of mine head, but the accolades it’s been getting since its film festival premiere earlier this year can’t be ignored.

Magnolia has the release rights for Let the Right One In here in the States, though they’ve yet to set a date for it. Hopefully this newest honor will prompt them to consider a theatrical run for the film, even a small one.

And yes, it’s being remade. By the newly resurrected Hammer. I just don’t know how to feel about that yet so I’ll leave it at that. Dig the trailer below if you haven’t already!

Johnny Butane

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Give us your thoughts on the new Hammer in the Dread Central forums!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized