FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Message
Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> WATCH THREAD: Aug. 18 - Shaun of the Dead
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:28 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

Awesome eye shot!!


What's wrong with my knobbing? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:28 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

~IC wrote:
Did I miss it?


pretty much
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:29 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

~IC wrote:
Did I miss it?
You have missed 'it' but you have not missed 'them'. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
~IC
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:29 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 386
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

I just got off work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
~IC
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:30 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 386
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

all I can say about these previews is......gay......

Last edited by ~IC on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:30 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

The scene when Shaun and Liz escape from the pub basement on an elevator platform is a direct homage to Day of the Dead (1985) which featured a huge elevator platform that the zombies eventually use to gain access to the humans' shelter. The way that Shaun drops the handbox after activating the elevator is exactly the same movement that Jarlath Conroy who played Bill McDermott in Day of the Dead (1985) used.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:31 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

When the soldiers burst in to save Shaun and Liz, the logo on the truck says "Biohazard." This is the English-translated Japanese name for the popular console game Resident Evil (2002), which involves a viral outbreak in a secret lab and, in the later games, a city. The virus (known as the T-Virus) turns people into zombies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:31 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

~IC wrote:
all I can say about these preview is......gay......
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:31 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

BlackFlagg wrote:
The scene when Shaun and Liz escape from the pub basement on an elevator platform is a direct homage to Day of the Dead (1985) which featured a huge elevator platform that the zombies eventually use to gain access to the humans' shelter. The way that Shaun drops the handbox after activating the elevator is exactly the same movement that Jarlath Conroy who played Bill McDermott in Day of the Dead (1985) used.
Quite a number of Day references in this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:33 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

When Shaun and Liz are flipping through channels and they come across the "Fun Dead" program, the shopping mall music from Dawn of the Dead (1978) can be heard in the background.


Whilst Shaun (Simon Pegg) and Liz flick through TV channels, a voice can be heard saying that claims that the epidemic was due to rage infected monkeys have now been dismissed as b.. Liz turns off before the voice can finish the sentence. The voice is referencing 28 Days Later... (2002), another British zombie movie and, perhaps, to Braindead (1992) ("Dead-Alive") from New Zealand as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
~IC
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:33 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 386
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

anyone have a run time for me?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:33 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

Gory wrote:
BlackFlagg wrote:
The scene when Shaun and Liz escape from the pub basement on an elevator platform is a direct homage to Day of the Dead (1985) which featured a huge elevator platform that the zombies eventually use to gain access to the humans' shelter. The way that Shaun drops the handbox after activating the elevator is exactly the same movement that Jarlath Conroy who played Bill McDermott in Day of the Dead (1985) used.
Quite a number of Day references in this.


One more to round things off...

The pizza company that is seen on and off throughout the film (the takeaway place next to the corner shop, the pizza box sitting in the lounge, and the various delivery men) is called Bub's Pizzas, a reference to Day of the Dead (1985) and the smarter-than-average zombie, Bub.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:34 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

BlackFlagg wrote:
When Shaun and Liz are flipping through channels and they come across the "Fun Dead" program, the shopping mall music from Dawn of the Dead (1978) can be heard in the background.


Whilst Shaun (Simon Pegg) and Liz flick through TV channels, a voice can be heard saying that claims that the epidemic was due to rage infected monkeys have now been dismissed as b.. Liz turns off before the voice can finish the sentence. The voice is referencing 28 Days Later... (2002), another British zombie movie and, perhaps, to Braindead (1992) ("Dead-Alive") from New Zealand as well.
We watched Dead Alive not too long ago. Mr. Green





There I go agaion ... pointing out the obvious. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:34 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

~IC wrote:
anyone have a run time for me?


End credits Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
~IC
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:34 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 386
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

BlackFlagg wrote:
Gory wrote:
BlackFlagg wrote:
The scene when Shaun and Liz escape from the pub basement on an elevator platform is a direct homage to Day of the Dead (1985) which featured a huge elevator platform that the zombies eventually use to gain access to the humans' shelter. The way that Shaun drops the handbox after activating the elevator is exactly the same movement that Jarlath Conroy who played Bill McDermott in Day of the Dead (1985) used.
Quite a number of Day references in this.


One more to round things off...

The pizza company that is seen on and off throughout the film (the takeaway place next to the corner shop, the pizza box sitting in the lounge, and the various delivery men) is called Bub's Pizzas, a reference to Day of the Dead (1985) and the smarter-than-average zombie, Bub.


Now that's a hardcore detail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 9 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Dread Central Cinema

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum