Garton’s Live Girls Headed to Film

default-featured-image

Live Girls headed for the big screen?Even though I hated “>Night Life (review), Ray Garton’s 20-some years later sequel to his badass vamp novel “>Live Girls (review), I still have some faith that a film adaptation of Girls could be done well if in the right hands.

So I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Darclight Films is working on a film version of Live Girls with The Bunker helmer Rob Green on board to both write and direct. Girls is the story of a meek workman who visits a strip club for the first time and becomes entranced by the dancer Anya. She takes some of his blood, and pretty soon he’s having strange cravings he can’t understand. Guess what happens next?

Biggest problem I have with this is that part of what made Live Girls work so well was its setting, Times Square in the 1980’s, a place that just can’t be recreated now that Times Square is all family friendly. Still, I hope they can pull it off cause the book really is damn good.

Green, you may recall, is also attached to the development hell sequel to Neil Marshall’s 2002 lycanthrope debut Dog Soldiers, Dog Soldiers 2: Fresh Meat. Something tells me this one’ll come first. Click here to get Live Girls from Evilshop!

Johnny Butane

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Show us how you dance in the Dread Central forums!

Share: 

Categorized:Uncategorized