FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Buffy / Angel - Which character shows the worst evolution?

Buffy/Angel - Worst Character Development?
Buffy
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Angel
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Willow
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Xander
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Cordelia
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
Wesley
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fred
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

RingoJ
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:05 pm  Reply with quote

Watch Season 7 and feel the hatred grow.
belle morte
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:09 pm  Reply with quote

Oh good, I have much to look forward to.

I do have to say - I was a tad hesitant to watch either show but I'm completely hooked on Angel at this point. I stayed up an hour later than I should have last night because I couldn't shut it off.
RingoJ
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:11 pm  Reply with quote

I do understand that. I borrowed the first four seasons of Angel from a friend and watched them all over the course of 2 or 3 days.
belle morte
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:17 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, I've been forsaking all other television for Angel.
RingoJ
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:18 pm  Reply with quote

That's not hard to do.
belle morte
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:24 pm  Reply with quote

Given the current state of television programming, no. But I'm addicted to The Food Network - it's all Angelus can do to get me to change the channel.
Mistress
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:02 pm  Reply with quote

RingoJ wrote:

That'd be me. My reasoning? Watch Season 7.

I'm with ya on that
Elf
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:46 am  Reply with quote

I'd go with Buffy too. I remember liking her in the first two seasons, but then in the third season she just got bitchy and self-rightious. Not to mention she slung poor Angel around.

Then by season seven . . . yegods.
lostphrack
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:58 am  Reply with quote

I voted for Willow. Now, now.. yes, they did a good job at taking her from geeky awkward girl to pretty lesbian witch, but my god did they screw the pooch with Season 6! It was such a hugely important moment for her character, it had been set up so well, and then they just fucked it up beyond belief that.. well.. it killed her for me. I just felt the whole thing undid everything they had worked so hard for with her character.

I mean, good lord.. "I did some good magics, teehee.." Drugs bad! We get it! Move on already! But nooo... they had spend multiple episodes on the whole, falling off the wagon bull and Willow jonsing for.. what? A spell? Laaaaame, lame, lame, lame.

Up until then it was going great, but.. yeah, they botched it big time and that's why I voted for Willow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
birdie
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:46 pm  Reply with quote

I went for Cordy, because they did the nearly impossible and made her dull. I thought all of the Angel character development was bad. They made Wesley cool, and very watchable, but I never really believed in it.

All that crap with Connor (way more hateable than Riley, btw) turned Angel into a big girley wuss.

I only really liked Buffy's character in Season 1, so I found her evolution into a self-centred cow to be believable.

They definiteley screwed Willow in Season 6, but then they screwed everyone in season 6. Willow was still the most consistently written, developed and acted character.
Angelus
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:42 pm  Reply with quote

ok, here goes.....

Riley was an absolutely pointless character, he did nothing to further the storyline and pretty much only managed to make Buffy just that much more whiny and self centered. Harmony is my all time least liked character, they always teased about her being good and trying to turn over a new leaf and surprise surprise in the end she was always evil...and did i mention annoying. I find it hard to say Xander had bad development because his character did grow, in the episodes that were centered around him you really got to see how his character changed, by season 7 he had become leaps and bounds tougher then he ever was in the early seasons, and honestly he was always there to be the human voice of reason, he had no powers, he was just a normal guy who was always right in the fray no matter the danger. Willow had a huge story arc, but i can't say it was a great one by any means, after season 4 it was essentially the same Willow story over and over, and to have her get addicted to magic like a junkie was easily the most annoying plot line to come about since the Initiative. Buffy while she did in fact change over the course of 7 seasons was really the same at the end as she was at the beginning. She was always bitchy and she was always self absorbed. I'm not even going to bother going into Dawn, because anyone who watches the show knows how annoying she got, Anya while funny was pretty much the same thing. Well i'm sure this is entirely too long winded and some people will say it's way off base, but it's just my opinion. Both shows were amazing and are just about the only tv i get excited about.
Do you drink up all the punch while you wish 'em all to
Samhain
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:58 pm  Reply with quote
Glory Hole

I'd have to go with Angel. The "heroic guy with a brooding demeanor" was getting a little played as both series wore on.
BabyFirefly
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:48 am  Reply with quote

Good God, theres so many choices, I can't even pick between them. My main choice would also be Buffy. Her character did not really evolve much past the Season 1 "accepting her destiny" stuff. I honestly think her character was the most judgemental bitch of a character to have ever been on tv. After everything she went through over the course of the show, she certainly should have evolved more. And I agree with what everyone else said about her being cold and empty and her relationships being pretty one sided. And for fucks sake, if I heard "But I'm the slayer, you guys have no idea what its like/what I'm going through" one more time I was going to slit my throat. She really lorded that around over everyone all of the time. And while yes, that is a pretty big and important thing, these are your "friends" and they know what you are and are always supportive and helpful and most wound up not just being normal people anyway, so I felt it was pretty fucking lame of her character to always play that card against them to win an argument and reassure her self-important attitude.

But then, the list goes on. Cordelia had one of the most unbelievable character evolutions ever. It was ridiculous. And then, pretty much all of the rest of the guys other than Spike...Riley and Angel and Xander, oh my! All were whiney. Riley was by far the most unlikable character on either of the shows. I was just incredibly grossed out watching them be fake lovey dovey through that entire season, blech. What an empty and pointless character. Xander was just stupid insecure and less entertaining Chandler type character. Constantly talking about what an ass Spike was and what he would do to him, if only he had any manhood. And I never liked Angel either (prepares to get killed) and I think it may in large part be because I think David Boreanaz is a bad actor.
lethaldread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:53 am  Reply with quote

Location: I only know words like good and ball............ and rape.

I don't watch those shows. Just thought I would let everyone know.
3.???
4.Profit!
5. Mayonnaise
6. RingoJ talking about "some toon pr0n"
7. Sports talk

"They Fucked with the wrong Mexican."
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:30 am  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

Good for you.