FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> TIPS AND TRICKS: Dead Rising
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:57 pm  Reply with quote

I wonder if any of the game stores will be getting the game in today. I can only remember a few occasions that this happened but there is always hope.
Uncle Creepy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:29 am  Reply with quote
Pop Culture Icon

Nope. To my knowledge we're all stuck waiting until tomorrow.
PrairieGhost
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:38 pm  Reply with quote

Does anyone else find Dead Risings text unreadable on a SDTV and scrolling way to fast?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billz
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:37 pm  Reply with quote

This game is starting to piss me off. I like a challenge, but I'm not a masochist. I don't want to have to fight the same psychopath 15 times before I figure out how to kill him/her.

Thank god for Gamefaqs' message board.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:42 pm  Reply with quote

PrairieGhost wrote:
Does anyone else find Dead Risings text unreadable on a SDTV and scrolling way to fast?

I've heard the same problem from a lot of people with SDTV's. Hopefully Capcom will release a patch so we can have a better range of options for text and scroll speed.
PrairieGhost
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:57 pm  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
PrairieGhost wrote:

I've heard the same problem from a lot of people with SDTV's. Hopefully Capcom will release a patch so we can have a better range of options for text and scroll speed.

I sure hope so Shocked
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:28 pm  Reply with quote

Alrighty! THERE ARE SPOILERS BELOW!

Here is a tip for anyone that is doing the Find the Bomb mission.

When you make your way to the small parking lot that leads to the tunnel the only vehicle you can take is the motorcycle since it's the only thing that can fit though the blockage.

The bike can be quickly destroyed after a couple of crashes into a wall so make sure you use the A button to break when following the arrows to the bombs.

After the first bomb is found Carlito will come after you in a van like the ones that the bombs are placed in. He will charge at you and throw pipe bombs if you are stopped.

Make sure you park the motorcycle behind a van or in an area easy to get to so you won't give Carlito enough time to ram you or throw a bomb your way.

If the bike is blown up then grab a shopping cart from a zombie and press X to run with it. This will help speed things up since the time limit for this mission is short.

After you get all the bombs you can grab a nearby van at the last location and drive to the place in which you first came in. There will be a short cinema.

After it's over go back in to the underground and look at your map. Find the dead end in the middle of the tunnel and you will see another cinema with Brad. Make sure you take picture of him to get an achievement.

Next go into that door where you found Brad and look for a key. This keep will let you use the underground tunnel and is usually stocked with cars for quicker access to other areas of the mall. THIS WILL COME IN HANDY FOR THE NEXT MISSION!
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:54 am  Reply with quote

Random power outages really piss me off.

Alrighty, I am at overtime mode. But to get there let me give you a little advice.

If you have done all the case missions, and the special ops guys are in the mall MAKE SURE YOU VISIT ISALBELA BEFORE 12PM. Use the tunnels under the mall to make travel easier. Just talk to her once and make your way back to the helipad. I made the mistake of not going back to see her and even though I was sitting RIGHT ON THE HELIPAD I still got the bad ending.

Without spoiling the ending or point of the overtime mode I will just let you know that you need to go all over the mall looking for specific items. Also, the special ops guys are still in the mall and now they have little flying spies that will alart them to your presence. Stock up on their assualt rifles and juice.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:37 pm  Reply with quote

SPOILERS!

There is an easy way to level up Frank if you have reached the Overtime Mode.

Killing Special Ops guys gives you 5,000 PP and they always drop those great machine guns. Here's what you do:

After waking up in Carlito's hideout leave and go to the Huntin' Shack. Grab a couple shotguns and find a Ops guy. Kill him, take his gun and find a couple more troopers to kill. When you have 3-4 of their guns get to the security room anyway you can.

Once there save and exit through the air vent. On the roof use the backdoor NOT THE ELEVATOR. Now you will be back in the warehouse overlooking 6-8 Special Ops guys. They cannot shoot up at you, but you sure as hell can throw propane tanks and shoot down at them. You can repeat this as much as time will allow. DO NOT FOGET TO SAVE AT EVERY LEVEL OR SO BECAUSE IF YOU TURN INTO A ZOMBIE WHEN TIME RUNS OUT IT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO SAVE.

Some times troops will show up on the top level of the warehouse where you first enter, they are easy to dispatch and often just jump down to the ground with the rest of the troops.

I was able to level up from 35-50 just using this exploit.

Want to know the last ability you get? Well, at level 50 you get the Zombie Walk. This allows you to shuffle just like a zombie so you will be able to move right past them without being attacked.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:55 pm  Reply with quote

Zombie Genocider: The Easy Way

First it's a good idea to go into the tunnel running under the mall and grab the key that is hiding in the dead end in the middle of the map, in a little storage room. After that up the the Northwest side of the map and find the one and only working truck. It will be right by the enterance to the butcher's workroom.

It's time for easy kills and a way to get the amazing REAL MEGABUSTER! Using the truck drive straight down the long tunnel until you reach the food court sign, turn around and bring the truck back to its origin. The truck should make it all the way back before dying. Quickly run into the butcher's place and back out to respawn the truck.

Now, if you have both Horror Novels you will also level up rather quickly while trying to kill the 50,000+ zombies needed to get the achievement and the fancy weapon.
Uncle Creepy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:41 pm  Reply with quote
Pop Culture Icon

Speaking of which....

Got this achievement last night.

Yep. I did it. 53,594 kills.
Uncle Creepy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:44 pm  Reply with quote
Pop Culture Icon

Btw... the two horror novels which boost your PP's collectively by 50% for killing zombies are located at the following:

Paradise Plaza: 1st Floor: Bachman Books

Entrance Plaza: 2nd Floor: The Sinister Read
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:56 pm  Reply with quote

The REAL Megabuster makes life a whole lot easier. I've killed Carlito with 1 shot to the head using it.
The Buz
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:42 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

This game is fucking awesome. But very hard.
impaler_240
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:36 pm  Reply with quote

Is this game on Playstation?