FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> Nomination Poll!

Dread Central Cinema Poll
Shaun of the Dead
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Lost Boys
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Suspiria
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
C.H.U.D.
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
April Fool's Day
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Candyman
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Creature From the Black Lagoon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Aliens
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Ginger Snaps
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hostel
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

American Werewolf
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:15 am  Reply with quote

Ok here's how we are going to do it. We are going to take the 5 most voted for movies in the poll and those will be the selections for this round. Normally there would be a decent amount of time for everyone to make there selection but things are running a little late. Get your votes in a soon as you can and we are going to need hosts for those movies so if you want to volunteer say so. Wink In case of ties an such we will address that on the fly this time around. So there you have it. Vote away! Thumbs Up
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:24 am  Reply with quote

I went C.H.U.D. and I'll host if it makes it.
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:32 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
I went C.H.U.D. and I'll host if it makes it.
Thumbs Up
Lunablix
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:00 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

I'll take The Lost Boys if it makes it. Smile
DSZ
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:51 pm  Reply with quote

I voted for April Fool's Day.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:35 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

Well I think we all know what I voted for. Laughing
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:32 pm  Reply with quote

Lunablix wrote:

You got it Luna. Thumbs Up
Lunablix
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:16 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

American Werewolf wrote:
Lunablix wrote:

Yay! Cool. Thanx. Smile I just need a quick how to do. I've been here twice and well the first time the host went MIA and the second I kinda got a grasp of what was to be done. I just hope for my turn it's not a night where I already have plans. Laughing
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:29 pm  Reply with quote

Lunablix wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
Lunablix wrote:

Yay! Cool. Thanx. Smile I just need a quick how to do. I've been here twice and well the first time the host went MIA and the second I kinda got a grasp of what was to be done. I just hope for my turn it's not a night where I already have plans. Laughing

It's pretty simple actually. To host all you have to do is put up a reminder thread, Tuesday is usually when they go up, which is basically just to let people know what movie is being shown that Friday and what time things kick off. The regular time is 7 Pac/8 Mountain/9 Central/10 Eastern. It doesn't have to be fancy. That's up to the host but not necessary. As long as the information is there.
On Movie night the host posts the Official Watch Thread about a half hour before the start time. After that is up it's just a matter of getting everyone to hit play at the same time. I usually give it a little more time if there is the possiblility of more folks showing up and give a two minute warning and then a 1 minute and finally "HIT PLAY NOW!" and you're watching the movie. If anyone has questions about hosting drop me or the other Committee memembers a pm or just post here. Wink Since we are on the subject, Luna would you or LDP like to host this Friday? You two are the only ones that have stated you want to host so far and if I'm missing anyone else who has correct me please. Laughing
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:35 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
Lunablix wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
Lunablix wrote:

It's pretty simple actually. To host all you have to do is put up a reminder thread, Tuesday is usually when they go up, which is basically just to let people know what movie is being shown that Friday and what time things kick off. The regular time is 7 Pac/8 Mountain/9 Central/10 Eastern. It doesn't have to be fancy. That's up to the host but not necessary. As long as the information is there.
On Movie night the host posts the Official Watch Thread about a half hour before the start time. After that is up it's just a matter of getting everyone to hit play at the same time. I usually give it a little more time if there is the possiblility of more folks showing up and give a two minute warning and then a 1 minute and finally "HIT PLAY NOW!" and you're watching the movie. If anyone has questions about hosting drop me or the other Committee memembers a pm or just post here. Wink Since we are on the subject, Luna would you or LDP like to host this Friday? You two are the only ones that have stated you want to host so far and if I'm missing anyone else who has correct me please. Laughing
I can't do it this friday. Sorry.
misspatch13
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:42 am  Reply with quote

I am geekin out...I voted Lost Boys... probably cause I have it and I am too lazy to go to the video store.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:28 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

I think I can do it. Smile I hope I don't mess up. Laughing
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:42 am  Reply with quote

I nominated and voted fer it so ya can put me down to host Shaun Very Happy
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:53 am  Reply with quote

Lunablix wrote:
I think I can do it. Smile I hope I don't mess up. Laughing

You'll do fine. Wink Thanks BF Shaun is all yours and later today we will determine what's playing Friday. Thumbs Up
misspatch13
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:53 pm  Reply with quote

Luna would be great to host...I will be her back up Razz we can have a great entertaining evening Smile