A Ruins Poster?

default-featured-image

The Ruins poster found**UPDATE: Various sources have confirmed that it is, indeed, fan made. Whew!** This isn’t really the poster for The Ruins, is it? Seriously? It just doesn’t make any sense if it is. A site called Poster Geek got their hands on it and, even though I’ve never heard of them before, we have no reason to doubt it’s some kind of official poster.

My guess is it’s some form of promo art, but not an actual poster; I just can’t imagine a studio saying such an ambiguous poster was all right promote their movie. Unless there’s something subtly menacing in it that I’m just not getting; to me it looks like it’s a mid-action shot of four people on a beach. Odd, since The Ruins is about a group of kids who visit an archeological dig in Mexico where they soon enter into a fight for their very lives. Where are the killer plants for God’s sake?

Carter Smith directed from a script by Scott B. Smith (no relation), who also wrote The Ruins novel (review). Dreamworks will release The Ruins in theaters on April 4th, 2008; keep it here for more info as we gather it!

Johnny Butane

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Come up with your own poster designs in the Dread Central forums!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized