Orphanage Helmer Declined Remake

default-featured-image

Orphanage helmer declined remakeYou may have heard about the overseas success of The Orphanage (review) in its native Spain, where it’s been nominated in 14 categories for the country’s equivalent to the Academy Awards, the Goya Awards. But just because the film is doing well doesn’t mean its director, Juan Antonio Bayona, wants to revisit it anytime soon.

Sci Fi Wire recently spoke with the young Spanish helmer, who revealed that producer Guillermo del Toro offered him rights of first refusal on the American remake of the film, which del Toro is also producing. “He’s a very generous man,” Bayona told the site, “but, you know, for me it was too much. I need to do something different now.”

Good for him; the guy’s got talent to spare and I’d hate to have to wait for him to make the same movie again (only this time with more scares and quicker editing; don’t want us Americans to get bored!) before seeing what else he has up his sleeve.

The Orphanage is out in theaters next Friday, December 28th; watch the trailer for it below, and be sure to get out there and check it out!

Johnny Butane

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Learn how to scare again in the Dread Central forums!

Share: 

Categorized:Uncategorized