FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Obliviou(s/n)
Cash Bailey
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:00 am  Reply with quote

BlackFlagg wrote:
wanna play so bad, but A. don't have cash for 360, and B. comp isn't good enough to run it Sad

www.oldblivion.com

This is a link to a patch that supposedly will downgrade the graphics on the game sufficiently to allow slightly lower grade PCs run OBLIVION. I got it out of an XBOX magazine so I guess it's legit.

I've had my 360 for five days, with OBLIVION being my maiden purchase and I, as someone who has distinctly avoided RPGs in the past, am completely and utterly addicted.

I haven't even delivered the amulet at the beginning of the main quest. I'm too busy working my way up the chain of the Dark Brotherhood as a super-awesome assassin.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:35 pm  Reply with quote

Cash Bailey wrote:
BlackFlagg wrote:
wanna play so bad, but A. don't have cash for 360, and B. comp isn't good enough to run it Sad

www.oldblivion.com

This is a link to a patch that supposedly will downgrade the graphics on the game sufficiently to allow slightly lower grade PCs run OBLIVION. I got it out of an XBOX magazine so I guess it's legit.

I've had my 360 for five days, with OBLIVION being my maiden purchase and I, as someone who has distinctly avoided RPGs in the past, am completely and utterly addicted.

I haven't even delivered the amulet at the beginning of the main quest. I'm too busy working my way up the chain of the Dark Brotherhood as a super-awesome assassin.

also my video card isn't supported
brainee
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:16 pm  Reply with quote

Does anyone have insight for a question I have? Getting ready to play for the first time, are there any essential mods I should use? I want to experience the game the way the designers intended, so I don't want to do anything drastic. But I'd be open to mods that address universally agreed upon flaws, bugs not fixed in official patches, or anything that generally enhances enjoyment of the game without tinkering with the basics.

The one that seems to be a good bet is this "BTmod" -- which has gotten raves for just overall improvings the UI for the PC version. Another extremely popular mod is "Natural Environments", which gives a graphics overhaul to the background scenery and weather. The only concern is that there still seem to be some bugs (one of which is that some have reported they get stuck in a certain weather pattern like rain or snow -- which sounds like it could get annoying). After that, I'm not sure if there's anything I want to do.
Cash Bailey
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:56 pm  Reply with quote

One thing I will admit is that the 360 version is pretty buggy. But for a game that vast it's to be expected. The worst one for me is that the screen will randomly 'fuzz out'.

At first I thought it was my TV struggling with the 60hz signal but it's not done it on any of the other games that I've rented.

I have to save my game and reset the console.