Cary Fukunaga Still Working on New Adaptation of Stephen King’s It

default-featured-image
Source Name:

Collider

Source Url:

http://collider.com/

Post Thumb:

/jun12/it.jpg

Cary Fukunaga Still Working on New Adaptation of Stephen King's ItBack in 2012 a remake/re-adaptation of Stephen King’s It was on the table with Cary Fukunaga attached to direct. Fukunaga has since gone on to impress with HBO’s “True Detective,” for which he directed every Season 1 episode. Is a date with Pennywise still in the filmmaker’s future?

In an interview with Collider, producer Dan Lin confirmed that there are still plans to bring Pennywise back to the big screen and that Fukunaga is indeed going to be in the director’s chair.

Cary Fukunaga is writing and directing Stephen King’s It for me, and I’m really excited for that,” says Lin. “So I’m hoping that’ll be his next movie after the indie he’s shooting in Africa… I love what he did with ‘True Detective.’ I think it’s a great sample for Stephen King’s It. So I’m really excited about that.”

Last we heard, Warner Bros. was planning on splitting the film into two parts, but there’s no word yet on whether or not that’s still the plan.

It centers on seven children in a small Maine town who confront the source of a series of murders in 1958 and then in 1985, when the cycle begins again.

More as it comes.

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
See if they all float in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized