FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> The Aristocrats
brainee
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:01 pm  Reply with quote

Finally got around to seeing this (showed on HBO). For the unknowing, its a documentary about what's considered to the world's filthiest joke. The joke isn't even a proper joke, but its been an inside thing that comedians mainly amuse each other with -- and you get insights into each comedian's style seeing how they riff on the same joke. The list of people involved is staggering. It's not as funny as you might think, given that there's only so much humor in hearing the same filthy things described over and over again. Maybe this would've been better at 60 minutes (or shorter). And the movie has the annoying habit of interrupting some jokes only to have other comedians tell us how funny it is (done worst with Bob Saget and Gilbert Gottfried). Still some bits stand out:

South Park (Cartman telling it to his friends -- can be seen online in places like here http://www.spschat.com/RareMedia/videos/southparkjoke-thearistocrats.wmv. Be warned -- this is NOT work-safe)
Sarah Silverman (makes it a personal story with ends up with her getting molested by a well-known talk show host)
Billy the Mime (hilarious seeing people walking by giving him weird looks -- fortunately he does keep his clothes on)
Andy Richter and another guy tell the joke with their babies on their laps. They tell it a gentle voice that the baby responds to.
Tobe Romero
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:04 pm  Reply with quote

I had been looking forward to this since last year. I DVR'd it and tried watching it. I got so bored that I kinda just skimmed through the frst 30 minutes and just deleted it. Boring! I don't know what I was hoping for, but this was not it. Weeping openly
Sirand
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:04 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Loved this film. Saget told it the best.
sawalter
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:33 pm  Reply with quote

My favorite was Kevin Pollak doing an impression of Christopher Walken telling the joke.
Sonny
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:34 am  Reply with quote

Hilarious stuff. Bob Sagat really was the funniest, who would've thunk it? I think just seeing the dad from Full House telling it made it ten times funnier than it was. There's great extras too, a lot of jokes go on a lot longer than what's in the film.