Land Sharks Coming to Malibu

default-featured-image

Malibu Sharks coming!Looks like man-eating B-movie sharks will once again begin surfacing in 2008. We’ll be getting the John Schneider/Daryl Hannah sharktacular Shark Swarm on TV, Nu Image (the kings of B-movie sharkdom) are planning to unleash Sharks in Venice and only Stephen Baldwin can save the Italian canals, and now the city of Malibu, California will find itself the site of further shark-on-human action in the not-so-cleverly titled Malibu Shark.

Fangoria reports that Brian Trenchard-Smith of Megiddo: Omega Code 2 and Leprechaun 4: In Space infamy will be directing the chompfest before year’s end somewhere in Australia. Malibu Shark will see a powerful earthquake dredging up a swarm of hungry prehistoric sharks. Before anyone can scream “MEG!”, the quake also triggers a tsunami that floods the scenic seaside California community of Malibu. With the streets and most of the town still underwater, it’s up to some lifeguards to rescue those left behind from the huge sharks that now prowl the flood waters.

Sounds like a winner to me. Also sounds similar to the plot of a different movie I’d swear we reported on being in development some months back but I can’t recall the specifics. I forget.

More details on Malibu Shark in the coming weeks.

The Foywonder

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Find the prehistoric maneaters that populate the Dread Central forums!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized