Ronnie Talks Blood

default-featured-image

Ronnie Yu recently chatted it up with the folks over at Ain’t It Cool about his latest martial arts flick, Fearless, and during the course of the conversation the subject of Blood: The Last Vampire was brought up. Yu will be making the wildly popular anime into a live action feature film with shooting to take place in Melbourne, Australia as well as Tokyo.

Yu’s got some relatively lofty plans for Blood as he told the site he hopes to “reinvent this genre… You know, every time you talk about vampire or whatever, you have this blue/gray tone and stuff like that. I’m going to take a multimedia approach to it, with color and all that.” Wow, color and all that, huh? What a cool idea!

Yu has also switched the time frame of the film from the 1960’s to 1948, right after the bombings of World War II. That’s a damn fine idea if you ask me; when I first read it, I had feared he was going to make it take place in modern times. Ugh. “There’s a US Army camp because Japan at the time is occupied by the US. So, you have this apple pie, good old wholesome American army camp, and surrounding it is death and ruin.”

Blood: The Last Vampire tells of a young girl who goes undercover in a Tokyo airbase to defeat a band of demons that have infiltrated the army and is one of the best animes I’ve ever seen. Seek it out if you haven’t already!

Johnny Butane

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Wonder what other movies would be like in color in our forums!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: