Exclusive: Filmmaker David Scheinbaum Talks Slasher Flick Middle of the Night; Poster Premiere

default-featured-image
Post Thumb:

/jun13/middle-of-the-night-poster-s.jpg

Exclusive: Filmmaker David Scheinbaum Talks Slasher Flick Middle of the Night; Poster Premiere - Jordan CarverAs our ears are always pressed to the blood-soaked ground at Dread Central, here’s exclusive word on Middle of the Night, a slasher flick starring model-turned-actress Jordan Carver, which is set to go before cameras this summer under the watchful eye of David Scheinbaum.

Penned by self-avowed slasher fan Scheinbaum, Middle of the Night revolves around a group of young men and women cast on a reality television series called “West Hills.” Moving into a house in the hills to film the show, they are unaware, however, that the abode was home to several bloody murders years prior, and unfortunately for them, the killer returns home for an encore performance upon their arrival. In addition to Carver (pictured), the cast is made up by Jessica Richards, Mindy Robinson, Laura Aidan (2011’s Fright Night), Adeana Lane, Marc Wayne, Dayne Ryan, Vincent Carubia, Taylor Ragan and Amanda Moyer, with stuntman Brennan Dyson as “The Man.”

“This film was inspired by the works of producer Irwin Yablans,” stated writer, producer and director Scheinbaum of his inspiration for Middle of the Night. “He produced the original Halloween and Hell Night, and I was friends with his son as a child and would spends weekends in his house. All we did was watch his films. We loved them so much. So I’ve always wanted to make a horror film, and I’ve never had so much fun writing this script. I laughed a lot.”

As for his hopes for Middle of the Night (which contains not only the debauchery inherent to twenty-something reality programming, but also the depravity required of the slasher pic), “I hope to deliver a film that people are really going to like,” Scheinbaum told us. “I know how slasher horror films work. I’ve studied them since I was a child. This is going to be an amazing film. Young horror fans will love it, and older fans will appreciate it because it will remind them of all those cool 80’s slasher flicks we grew up with.”

Principal photography kicks off on August 30th in Los Angeles. We’ll have more for you from the set so stay tuned. In the meantime ‘like’ the film on Facebook here, and you can follow Jordan Carver on Twitter.

Middle of the Night

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Go bump in the middle of the night in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized