FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> True Blood
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:55 pm  Reply with quote

HBO is ordering the development of True Blood, a new vampire series from Six Feet Under creator Alan Ball, which will likely join the pay cable network's schedule towards the end of next year, variety reported.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:13 pm  Reply with quote

They aced comedy, the sitcom, and the mob and western genre, I'm all for horror.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:18 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
They aced comedy, the sitcom, and the mob and western genre, I'm all for horror.

I really, really hope you're not referring to LUCKY LOUIE, which may be the single unfunniest thing on television. They didn't ace a thing there.
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:43 pm  Reply with quote

No one remembers ROME?
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:02 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

Or Carnivale? That'd be classified (kind of) horror, wouldn't it?
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:13 pm  Reply with quote

I was just going to say CARNIVALE as well. That featured some great supernatural horror elements and what do they do? Cancel it in it's second season just as it's gaining steam! Annoyed

Hopefully TRUE BLOOD won't be a retread of Vampire: The Masquerade or Anne Rice territory since that stuff has been way overused in the past. I'm still pissed that they cancelled CARNIVALE. ECW! ECW! ECW!

rJ
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:35 am  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Terminal wrote:

I really, really hope you're not referring to LUCKY LOUIE, which may be the single unfunniest thing on television. They didn't ace a thing there.

Yep.

Lucky Louie is the funniest new show on right now. At least that's what I think. Laugh out loud show. You suck! Razz

It's not a hit for nothing. Ha cha cha!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Messiahman
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:08 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Lucky Louie is the funniest new show on right now. At least that's what I think. Laugh out loud show. You suck! Razz

No, you just have incredibly bad taste. But hey, that's not your fault. Razz Ever seen Louis CK perform? Now THAT is funny. This is lame, lowbrow, lowest common denominator garbage. So far, it's sitting pretty as one of the worst "comedies" I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

Terminal wrote:
It's not a hit for nothing. Ha cha cha!

So FRIENDS and CSI and AMERICAN IDOL are damned terrific shows, eh? Oooh, what about SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE? Good rationale, Terminal. Rolling Eyes

And actually, LUCKY LOUIE is NOT a hit. It's a show that got off to a very weak start and slowly got more viewers on successive showings over the week. Basically, it's like a nostalgia kick--"Remember when sitcoms like Barney Miller used to be shot on videotape? Well this is like that, only we can use naughty words, and our show isn't funny."

Ha cha cha indeed.

Last edited by Messiahman on Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:14 am  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
No, you just have incredibly bad taste. But hey, that's not your fault. Razz Ever seen Louis CK perform? Now THAT is funny. This is lame, lowbrow, lowest common denominator garbage. So far, it's sitting pretty as one of the worst "comedies" I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

Laughing Shut up, my taste is rockin like Dokken.

Messiahman wrote:
So FRIENDS and CSI and AMERICAN IDOL are damned terrific shows, eh?

Haha. I know, that's a common response people who hate the show get. I thought it was apt. Very Happy

Messiahman wrote:
And actually, LUCKY LOUIE is NOT a hit. It's a show that got off to a very weak start and slowly got more viewers on successive showings over the week. Basically, it's like a nostalgia kick--"Remember when sitcoms like Barney Miller used to be shot on videotape? Well this is like that, only we can use naughty words, and our show isn't funny."

Ha cha cha indeed.

Don't you ever counter my ha cha cha with another ha cha cha. Bastard. Annoyed
Messiahman
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:16 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Shut up, my taste is rockin like Dokken.

Dude, did you know that I saw them LIVE?

Terminal wrote:
Don't you ever counter my ha cha cha with another ha cha cha. Bastard. Annoyed

Sniff...sob...how did you know my parents weren't married?
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:19 am  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:

Totally awesome! Is it 1986?

Messiahman wrote:
Sniff...sob...how did you know my parents weren't married?

I had a feeling. Razz
Messiahman
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:25 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Messiahman wrote:

Indeed it was 1986 when I saw them. They were...the Dream Warriors. Don't wanna dream no more.
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:44 am  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Terminal wrote:
Messiahman wrote:

Indeed it was 1986 when I saw them. They were...the Dream Warriors. Don't wanna dream no more.

This thread is now Don Dokken approved. Do you wanna paaaaarttyyyyy?

rJ
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elf
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:57 am  Reply with quote

Isn't this series baised off of the Southern Vampire Books by Cathrine Harris? I heard that HBO was in development to bring the book series to the small screen via a TV show. Could this be it?

(I just want a GOOD vampire show damn it. Blade was soooo disapointing. I miss Buffy and Angel, damnit.)
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:43 pm  Reply with quote

HBO Okays Alan Ball's True Blood.

http://www.tv.com/story/10005.html?om_act=convert&om_ck=news&tag=headlines;title;0