Exclusive: Kristen Hager on Nora’s Transformation, Relationships, and Exploring Her Lighter Side

default-featured-image
Post Thumb:

/nov11/beinghumanthumb.jpg

Exclusive: Kristen Hager on Nora's Transformation, Relationships, and Exploring Her Lighter Side“Being Human” explores life’s difficulties and how much harder it can be when the supernatural is involved. Next in our series of exclusive interviews for the show, we talk with Kristen Hager on what difficulties and possibilities lie ahead for the human turned werewolf, Nora Sergeant.

AMANDA DYAR: Nora is easily one of the most complicated and interesting characters in the cast of “Being Human,” having gone through numerous transformations during her time on the show. As an actress how did you approach these major changes, and how far in advance do you know a big change is coming for your character?

KRISTEN HAGER: We only see the scripts about a week or two in advance so there is not a lot of time to prepare. As you said, Nora is an extremely complicated character who has gone through many major changes and has had to overcome many obstacles. As an actress I approach these changes with open arms. It is a very rewarding experience to go to work and feel challenged. In my opinion, the deeper I have to go, the better.

AMANDA DYAR: You’ve had the chance to play both a regular human on the show and now a werewolf. Do you prefer acting for one version of Nora over the other, and does anything become more simplistic for you as an actress after your character’s transformation?

KRISTEN: In terms of Wolf vs. Human, I really can’t say that I prefer one over the other as they have both become such an integral part of who Nora is. What I love most about the role is that I get to play this dichotomy, the “Jekyll and Hyde” if you will. When it comes to playing the wolf, I can definitely say that despite its physical demands, it is incredibly exhilarating to get to explore being such primal creature, something so dark and ugly. As an actress it is not every day that you get this opportunity. But, at the same time, it is then very nice to get to explore her human side as well. I love that I have the balance of the two.

Related Stories:

• Being Human’s Meaghan Rath on Sally’s Loneliness, Second Chances, Finding Love, and Much More
  • Being Human’s Sam Witwer on Aidan’s Addiction, Losing Everyone He Loves, and Lots More

AMANDA DYAR: It was revealed last season that a werewolf could be reverted back to its original form when the monster that transformed it is killed so do you think there is any chance of Josh [played by Sam Worthington] sacrificing himself in order to change Nora back, and how do you think Nora would respond to this idea?

KRISTEN: At this point I can honestly say that I do not see a world in which Josh would sacrifice himself in order to change Nora back. She would never allow him to. He is the love of her life. He means more to her than her humanity does.

Exclusive: Kristen Hager on Nora's Transformation, Relationships, and Exploring Her Lighter Side

AMANDA DYAR: Now that Nora has been transformed, the writers can get a whole lot more creative with the character. Without spoiling too much of the storyline, can you tell us something you’ve yet to do as the new Nora that you’d like to see added in future episodes?

KRISTEN: As we touched on earlier, Nora has gone through her fair share of hardships. So in future episodes, more than anything else, I’d like to see more of Nora’s lighter side. I’d like to see her laugh more. Maybe it’s time for Josh and Nora to go on a fun vacation somewhere! I’ve also always been very curious to see what it would feel like to live the life of both the ghost and the vampire for a day. So maybe our writers could come up with a dream sequence episode, where I get to wake up “in someone else’s shoes” and get the chance to explore what that feels likeā€¦ hmm, I think I’m on to something here…

Look for more from the cast of “Being Human” soon, and be sure to tune in tonight, February 4th, at 9/8c, for Episode 3.04, “I’m So Lonesome I Could Die” (watch the first four minutes here). All images courtesy of NBC Universal, Inc.

For more visit “Being Human” on Syfy.com, join the Syfy Google+ circle, “like” “Being Human” on Facebook, and follow “Being Human” on Twitter.

Being Human (US) Season 3

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
    Got news? Click here to submit it!
    Be human in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
    Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized