UPDATED: What’s in the Box?!? Mystery and Intrigue Arrive at Dread Central!

default-featured-image
Post Thumb:

/stock/news.jpg

Show people with an abundance of geek cred a sealed box of any size, and if they’re worthy of their Batman underoos, they’ll shout, “What’s in the BOOOXXX!?!” with a pained expression on their face. If they are totally committing to the madness, perhaps you’ll see a little drool.

I’m not even going to tell you what that line is from because if you don’t know, you don’t belong here!

Today a sweet little box showed up in a plain brown envelope with stamps touting Freedom and Liberty and no other markings to speak of. The box was tied with a golden bow in such a way that you could pull one end and it slips open without a fuss. WHO KNOWS HOW TO TIE BOWS LIKE THAT??!! Only Satan, I’m sure.

Suffice to say, it’s smart to stay on your guard when opening a nondescript box from an unmarked envelope labeled for Dread Central. As I tugged on the bow, I sort of held it at a distance. Clearly, this is some new viral fun from an upcoming horror movie, but you never know if an overzealous intern who hated my review of Silent Hill: Revelation got to pack the boxes. I can almost hear him sobbing as he went about his nefarious deed muttering, “The fucking bunny was in the video game!! It was important!!

Anyway, the bow came undone without any blood spray or strange activated skittering from within the box. I popped the top and undid a second little black bow. Under a slip of yellow tissue paper was a small silver key… certainly the type someone finds in a slow burning creepy flick that later unlocks a door to unspeakable horror. No markings. No inscription. Just a little sort of old-timey key on a thin silver chain.

MYSTERY!!

Dive into the comments below and help us figure out what the fuck is going on here and what this key may open. If we don’t unravel this one… surely… there will be another box in the near future….

UPDATE: Evan Dickson dropped us a line to let us know that the key has something to do with the upcoming film Stoker. Something…. BUT WHAT?!?! You can see from the one-sheet below one of the characters is wearing it. Look for the flick in theatres on March 1st, 2013.

Synopsis
After India’s (Wasikowska) father dies in an auto accident, her Uncle Charlie (Goode), whom she never knew existed, comes to live with her and her emotionally unstable mother (Kidman). Soon after his arrival, she comes to suspect this mysterious, charming man has ulterior motives, but instead of feeling outrage or horror, this friendless girl becomes increasingly infatuated with him.

What's in the Box?!? Mystery and Intrigue Arrive at Dread Central!

What's in the Box?!? Mystery and Intrigue Arrive at Dread Central!

Stoker

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Solve mysteries in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized