FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Point Pleasant or Harsh Realm
shadogrrrl
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:52 pm  Reply with quote

anybody here see these? what did you think? is it worth watching?

I watched part of Point Pleasant when it was on Fox, but only part of it. It was cancelled before the story was finished.

I never saw Harsh Realm, but have always wondered of it was worth seeing.

Thanks for your time.
Soonertoad
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:56 pm  Reply with quote

The little I saw of Harsh Realm was intriguing. It looked like a show that was going to slowing progress to something really good. Unfortunately, Fox has a bad habit of killing any show that is not immediately a monster hit.
Amaya
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:14 am  Reply with quote

haven't heard of harsh realm.. point pleasant i really got into (until fox following their usual method of action canclled it for american idol to be on a 4th night in the week).. im waiting for the whole season to get here from netflix so i can say for sure if it was as good as it was getting to be, or if it bombs in the end
Dario Fulci
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:29 am  Reply with quote

I preferred Point Pleasent although it really should have just been a two part miniseries.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:41 am  Reply with quote

They're both awful.

HARSH REALM is Chris Carter's lame riff on THE MATRIX (and the lead actor Scott Bairstow was later convicted of child rape - of his wife's 12-year old cousin!) and offers absolutely nothing new to the brief nineties virtual reality boom.

POINT PLEASANT is a dull soap opera with cliched supernatural goings-on, and it feature's Grant Show from MELROSE PLACE as the minion of Satan -- it's one of the most laughably over the top performances I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

Honestly, you'd be better off smashing your forehead repeatedly into a wall than watching EITHER of these series.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:15 pm  Reply with quote

Well, I can't say that I ever watched "Harsh Realm", in fact I don't even remember it.

But as for Point Pleasant, it sucked.

Firstly it felt like "The Omen" for women, secondly it was dullsville, it was blande, it was vapid, and it was a one note concept more suitable for a three part mini-series instead of a long drawn out series about a girl we know is the anti-christ.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address