Kronos
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:32 am  Reply with quote

SNIKT!
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:12 pm  Reply with quote

LMAO!!!
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:05 pm  Reply with quote

I read some news that 20th Century Fox is guaranteeing us the Wolverine movie in 2007.

Too soon? I think so. Why rush it? It's typical for studios to want instant gratification in the form of $$$, but this could very well be at the expense of the franchise if we get a shitty product.

I've seen writing credit going to 2 different names: 1 is Simon Kindberg who had writing credit in the X3 (not impressed) and another is Devid Benioff of Troy (eh?). So I don't know how I am feeling about this.
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:38 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

The Troy connection gives me hope. I dug that movie.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:54 am  Reply with quote

EvilRex wrote:
I read some news that 20th Century Fox is guaranteeing us the Wolverine movie in 2007.

Too soon? I think so. Why rush it? It's typical for studios to want instant gratification in the form of $$$, but this could very well be at the expense of the franchise if we get a shitty product.

I've seen writing credit going to 2 different names: 1 is Simon Kindberg who had writing credit in the X3 (not impressed) and another is Devid Benioff of Troy (eh?). So I don't know how I am feeling about this.

The latest draft is by Benioff (who wrote the friggin' brilliant 25th HOUR) with revisions by David (TRAINING DAY) Ayer, and it's a a straight-up Weapon X prequel, featuring a very talkative Sabretooth as well as appearances by a young Stryker and even Fred J. Dukes... that's right, the Blob! The script reads like gangbusters and is light years better than X3.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:41 am  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
EvilRex wrote:

The latest draft is by Benioff (who wrote the friggin' brilliant 25th HOUR) with revisions by David (TRAINING DAY) Ayer, and it's a a straight-up Weapon X prequel, featuring a very talkative Sabretooth as well as appearances by a young Stryker and even Fred J. Dukes... that's right, the Blob! The script reads like gangbusters and is light years better than X3.

That sounds great.

25th Hour and Training Day were both good scripts.
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:32 pm  Reply with quote

I want Fireflyfan to enjoy this so I hope someone shitty directs like Stephen Sommers and that they completely fuck the script up and that the scene transisition is terrible and jumps from moment to moment.

Oh yeah and they better kill Silver Fox off screen and never show the body or make mention of it ever again because that's how you do a character death! Screw all that caring about each other shit! Let's not do this film with characters who have any sort of emotional integrity that the audiance can latch on to as they could in X2.

Here's hoping, Jamie!
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:11 am  Reply with quote

Johnny Truant wrote:
I want Fireflyfan to enjoy this so I hope someone shitty directs like Stephen Sommers and that they completely fuck the script up and that the scene transisition is terrible and jumps from moment to moment.

Oh yeah and they better kill Silver Fox off screen and never show the body or make mention of it ever again because that's how you do a character death! Screw all that caring about each other shit! Let's not do this film with characters who have any sort of emotional integrity that the audiance can latch on to as they could in X2.

Here's hoping, Jamie!

I'd personally love to see it directed by Michael Bay and starring Danny Devito as Wolverine. Oh, and bring on Jessica Alba as Silverfox. Box. Office. Gold.