FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Wolverine
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:57 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1256

THAT'D BE AWESOME!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kronos
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:32 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 153
Location: Freshly risen!



SNIKT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:12 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1256

LMAO!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:05 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

I read some news that 20th Century Fox is guaranteeing us the Wolverine movie in 2007.

Too soon? I think so. Why rush it? It's typical for studios to want instant gratification in the form of $$$, but this could very well be at the expense of the franchise if we get a shitty product.

I've seen writing credit going to 2 different names: 1 is Simon Kindberg who had writing credit in the X3 (not impressed) and another is Devid Benioff of Troy (eh?). So I don't know how I am feeling about this.
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:38 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 9513
Location: There... WOLF!!

The Troy connection gives me hope. I dug that movie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:54 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

EvilRex wrote:
I read some news that 20th Century Fox is guaranteeing us the Wolverine movie in 2007.

Too soon? I think so. Why rush it? It's typical for studios to want instant gratification in the form of $$$, but this could very well be at the expense of the franchise if we get a shitty product.

I've seen writing credit going to 2 different names: 1 is Simon Kindberg who had writing credit in the X3 (not impressed) and another is Devid Benioff of Troy (eh?). So I don't know how I am feeling about this.


The latest draft is by Benioff (who wrote the friggin' brilliant 25th HOUR) with revisions by David (TRAINING DAY) Ayer, and it's a a straight-up Weapon X prequel, featuring a very talkative Sabretooth as well as appearances by a young Stryker and even Fred J. Dukes... that's right, the Blob! The script reads like gangbusters and is light years better than X3.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilRex
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:41 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

Messiahman wrote:
EvilRex wrote:
I read some news that 20th Century Fox is guaranteeing us the Wolverine movie in 2007.

Too soon? I think so. Why rush it? It's typical for studios to want instant gratification in the form of $$$, but this could very well be at the expense of the franchise if we get a shitty product.

I've seen writing credit going to 2 different names: 1 is Simon Kindberg who had writing credit in the X3 (not impressed) and another is Devid Benioff of Troy (eh?). So I don't know how I am feeling about this.


The latest draft is by Benioff (who wrote the friggin' brilliant 25th HOUR) with revisions by David (TRAINING DAY) Ayer, and it's a a straight-up Weapon X prequel, featuring a very talkative Sabretooth as well as appearances by a young Stryker and even Fred J. Dukes... that's right, the Blob! The script reads like gangbusters and is light years better than X3.


That sounds great.

25th Hour and Training Day were both good scripts.
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:32 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1256

I want Fireflyfan to enjoy this so I hope someone shitty directs like Stephen Sommers and that they completely fuck the script up and that the scene transisition is terrible and jumps from moment to moment.

Oh yeah and they better kill Silver Fox off screen and never show the body or make mention of it ever again because that's how you do a character death! Screw all that caring about each other shit! Let's not do this film with characters who have any sort of emotional integrity that the audiance can latch on to as they could in X2.

Here's hoping, Jamie!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:11 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Johnny Truant wrote:
I want Fireflyfan to enjoy this so I hope someone shitty directs like Stephen Sommers and that they completely fuck the script up and that the scene transisition is terrible and jumps from moment to moment.

Oh yeah and they better kill Silver Fox off screen and never show the body or make mention of it ever again because that's how you do a character death! Screw all that caring about each other shit! Let's not do this film with characters who have any sort of emotional integrity that the audiance can latch on to as they could in X2.

Here's hoping, Jamie!


I'd personally love to see it directed by Michael Bay and starring Danny Devito as Wolverine. Oh, and bring on Jessica Alba as Silverfox. Box. Office. Gold.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Dread Central Forum Index -> Out of Genre Experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum