FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:56 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/706/706994p1.html

I figured we'd get a jump on things here. Coming out on both the PS3, PS2, and XBox 360, this is the first SD game to go multi-system platform. It boasts an all-new analog control scheme that supposedly eliminates the canned animations, a much more interactive ring environment (fans can even hand you weapons), and 250 points of CAW customization.

Personally, the game will be good, but unless they fix the AI problems that are haunting the last iteration, things like the new control scheme and "sweating" aren't going to make this the end-all, be-all of wrestling games.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:02 pm  Reply with quote

Lookin' forward to it, '06 was one of the first wrestling games I really liked in awhile, it had it's problems but it was still dang good, hopefully they can hold onto the good from it and fix the problems. Also hope we get the ability to put in custom music for entrances, that was the only thing good about the X-Box WWE games
RingoJ
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:18 am  Reply with quote

It already takes me god knows how many hours to make a CAW, so now they decide to have 250 points of customization? Jeebus.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:06 pm  Reply with quote

RingoJ wrote:
It already takes me god knows how many hours to make a CAW, so now they decide to have 250 points of customization? Jeebus.

Yeah, I was thinking that, too. The length of time it takes to customize and pick a moveset is ridiculous. That's why I've only made like 10 original CAWs for the game so far, and most of them have templated movesets. I' just don't have the time to do this, which sucks. Still, that's the price you pay for wrestlers who look more and more like their real-life counterparts, I guess.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:49 pm  Reply with quote

I got a ton of CAWs on '06, of course 90% of em I got from online with my Max Drive Thumbs Up
RingoJ
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:41 am  Reply with quote

I think i've made maybe 6 CAW's spread over two games.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:09 pm  Reply with quote

I skipped the first SvR because it pailed in comparison to Here Comes The Pain...But I maxed out both HCtP and SvR2k6's (god it looks silly to be lazy) CAW slots...Which is what? 30 slots...

It does take forever...I'm hoping they create more move sets for guys like Randy Savage and Mr. Perfect...His Perfect Plex is a weak move in all the games and it sucks...

Can't wait for this new one, it looks awesome and I can buy the much more affordable 360 to p[lay it....Any word on custom soundtracks?
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:19 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I skipped the first SvR because it pailed in comparison to Here Comes The Pain...But I maxed out both HCtP and SvR2k6's (god it looks silly to be lazy) CAW slots...Which is what? 30 slots...

It does take forever...I'm hoping they create more move sets for guys like Randy Savage and Mr. Perfect...His Perfect Plex is a weak move in all the games and it sucks...

Can't wait for this new one, it looks awesome and I can buy the much more affordable 360 to p[lay it....Any word on custom soundtracks?

No word yet. I figure the only site that will be following this closely will be IGN, and sometimes their coverage leaves a lot to be desired, as their more interested in telling about the wrestlers than in the set features.

As for making the Perfect Plex a more powerful move, try putting it as all of Mr. Perfect's favorite moves. I've heard sometimes that can make weaker moves more powerful (really, I wish there was some way you could make the power of given finishers more adjustable in the game. And the ability to rename the finisher.) But good luck with that, because pinning moves seem to be weaker than impact moves.

Oh, and I've heard an umbrella is going to be a weapon in the game. Can't wait. Neutral

Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:39 pm  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:

No word yet. I figure the only site that will be following this closely will be IGN, and sometimes their coverage leaves a lot to be desired, as their more interested in telling about the wrestlers than in the set features.

As for making the Perfect Plex a more powerful move, try putting it as all of Mr. Perfect's favorite moves. I've heard sometimes that can make weaker moves more powerful (really, I wish there was some way you could make the power of given finishers more adjustable in the game. And the ability to rename the finisher.) But good luck with that, because pinning moves seem to be weaker than impact moves.

Thanks for the tip...I'll do that...

Quote:
Oh, and I've heard an umbrella is going to be a weapon in the game. Can't wait. Neutral

That's HARDCORE!
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:43 pm  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:

Thanks for the tip...I'll do that...

Quote:

That's HARDCORE!

Umbrellas are EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEcoughcoughEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMME!!!

Given, the list did include light tubes as one of the weapons, but an umbrella over, say, a kendo stick? Madness.

I just hope they change the weapons up under the ring. Oh, look, another sledgehammer...Rolling Eyes

Chainsaw
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:29 pm  Reply with quote

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/720/720091p1.html

New news on SDvR from Comic Con. Only new match type announced is Money In The Bank. Ladders have been reworked, as has the mechanism for grabbing the belt. Hopefully, they fixed the AI too, so there won't be anymore 1:00 ladder matches. Also mechanics for putting people through tables have been changed to make it harder, even though it sounds like it's a more complicated process, and it pretty much eliminates any chances of putting someone through a table without climbing up on it first.

Foywonder
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:51 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I look forward to seeing them come up with a 60+ moveset for Great Khali.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:01 pm  Reply with quote

Foywonder wrote:

I get the feeling, after this week, he's not going to make the cut. But I can't wait for Randall Ortard's moveset.

Up+O-Chinlock
Down+O-Ground Chinlock
Left+O-Standing Reverse Chinlock
Right+O-Backbreaker thingy.

Foywonder
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:20 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Chainsaw wrote:
Foywonder wrote:

I get the feeling, after this week, he's not going to make the cut. But I can't wait for Randall Ortard's moveset.

Up+O-Chinlock
Down+O-Ground Chinlock

I hope they include the Wellness Program in the story mode. It'll be your character in a bathroom with a piss cup having to do Dance Dance Revolution style combos to both fill your cup properly and keep you liver enzymes from elevating.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:07 pm  Reply with quote

Foywonder wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
Foywonder wrote:

Up+O-Chinlock
Down+O-Ground Chinlock

I hope they include the Wellness Program in the story mode. It'll be your character in a bathroom with a piss cup having to do Dance Dance Revolution style combos to both fill your cup properly and keep you liver enzymes from elevating.

At this rate, by the end of the year, they'll be more wrestlers in the game than there will be in WWE.