Spiders 3D Catches Awards in its Web

default-featured-image
Post Thumb:

/aug12/spid3ds.jpg

It’s always good to see a horror movie gain some accolades from the film community, and that’s just the case with Spiders 3D, which recently brought down the house at the Los Angeles 3D Film Festival!

From the Press Release
During its closing ceremonies this past Sunday evening, the Los Angeles 3D Film Festival, which was held from September 20-22nd at the Regal Cinema Live in Downtown Los Angeles, announced that the mega-sized Millennium Films/Nu Image production SPIDERS 3D took home several of the festival’s top awards.

Celebrating its fifth anniversary by hosting five world premieres and special screenings of several other high-profile projects, the 3DFF named SPIDERS 3D the Best Native 3D Feature Film (non-animated) for their 2012 fest and presented co-writer and director Tibor Takacs with the Best Director award. SPIDERS 3D celebrated its world premiere during the festival’s opening night gala celebration on Thursday, September 20th with Takacs, Millennium Chairman and Founder Avi Lerner, producers Boaz Davidson and Lati Grobman, screenwriter Joseph Farrugia and the film’s stars- Patrick Muldoon, Christa Campbell, Jon Mack and Sydney Sweeney- all in attendance.

I am beyond honored that the Los Angeles 3D Film Festival chose to recognize both SPIDERS 3D and myself this weekend with these two very special awards,” said Takacs. “To have our natively shot 3D project recognized by such a wonderful organization like the 3DFF feels incredible, considering SPIDERS 3D has always been a movie I envisioned to be enjoyed by fans on the big screen in glorious three dimensions. Our world premiere as part of the 3DFF was a fantastic experience; I am deeply grateful to the entire festival, its organizers and to those who voted for us for all the support you’ve shown SPIDERS 3D so far.”

SPIDERS 3D co-star Christa Campbell added, “SPIDERS 3D has been a passion project for so many of us involved with it for so long; it’s wonderful to see both the film and Tibor get recognized by the Los Angeles 3D Film Festival and hopefully these awards are only the beginning of great things to come for SPIDERS 3D.”

“For me, it’s a real honor to be recognized by our industry peers since I feel that 3D is a great medium to work with as a storyteller,” commented co-writer Joseph Farrugia. “I am so grateful that Tibor and I were able to work with Millennium films to craft a modern classic monster movie in 3D for fans to enjoy for hopefully years to come.”

Spiders 3D Catches Awards in its Web

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Spin your web in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized