Anchor Bay Sails Away with The Demented

default-featured-image
Source Name:

Deadline

Source Url:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/anchor-bay-has-cemented-the-demented-making-distribution-deal-for-zombie-saga/

Post Thumb:

/stock/zombie.jpg

Anchor Bay Sails Away with The DementedFor my money you can never have too many zombie movies. I love them with every ounce of my heart and soul, and it always warms me inside to know that another one is on the way. Read on for details about the latest rotting romp coming at us!

Deadline reports that Anchor Bay Films has acquired English speaking terrritorial rights to The Demented and has added the thriller to its 2013 slate. Produced by Zero Gravity Management and ChickFlicks, The Demented is another zombie-fest populated by young genre fixtures that include I Spit on Your Grave‘s Sarah Butler, Michael Welch (The Twilight Saga), Kayla Ewell (“The Vampire Diaries”), Brittney Alger (21 Jump Street), and Richard Kohnke (Mighty Fine). Filming just wrapped in Louisiana, and Anchor Bay President Bill Clark made the deal.

It’s described as “an original zombie movie that we know horror audiences will love,” said Anchor Bay Acquisitions and Co-productions Executive VP Kevin Kasha. “Audiences can’t seem to get enough zombies lately, and we’re happy to give them fresh meat for their addiction. I’m so excited to be working with Sara Risher again. Sara was involved in all of the original Nightmare on Elm Street films while we were at New Line, and she did an amazing job. The Demented gives us an opportunity to be on the same team again.

The script was penned by writer/director Chris Roosevelt. Benjamin Sacks and Bryan Sexton serve as Executive Producers. Zero Gravity’s Christine Holder, Mark Holder, and Damiano Tucci are producing alongside ChickFlicks’ Sara Risher. Shirley Craig, Phil Goldfine, and Steven R. Monroe are also producing.

Synopsis
Six college friends meet up for a carefree weekend that turns deadly. A terrorist attack in a nearby town infects much of the townspeople with a deadly virus that induces rabies-like symptoms, only far more severe. Several of those infected (the title characters) attack the estate where the friends have been vacationing. Can they survive? Where will they hide? Is anyone left? Will we ever get our fill of these flesh-eating zombie fiends?

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Aim for the head in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized