FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Yet Another American Pie Film
gprime
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:44 pm  Reply with quote

Source: Coming Soon

Quote:
Filming has begun on American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile, an all-new, uproarious chapter in the hugely successful "American Pie" comedy franchise about outrageous antics and heartwarming fun. A DVD Original™ from Rogue Pictures and Universal Studios Home Entertainment (USHE), the film commenced principal photography on June 5, 2006 in Toronto, Canada. Building upon Rogue Pictures' and USHE's tremendous success with the DVD Original™ American Pie Presents: Band Camp – which sold over two million DVD and VHS units – this fifth installment of the "Pie" franchise is the studio's latest effort to create cutting-edge content for DVD audiences that creates further velocity for properties with an unmistakable resonance among film fans.

Starring Christopher McDonald, John White, Ross Thomas, Jake Siegel, Steve Talley and Jessy Schram, American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile, is directed by Joe Nussbaum (Sleepover, George Lucas in Love), written by Erik Lindsay and produced by W. Keith Border and Joel Soisson of Neo Art & Logic, Inc. The film is based on characters created by Adam Herz and executive produced by Craig Perry and Warren Zide, who produced "American Pie" 1 and 2, as well as American Wedding.

In this latest story from one of the most successful and outrageous comedy franchises ever, Erik Stifler has a lot to live up to as he can't be the first Stifler to graduate high school… a virgin! The newest Stifler escapade delivers outrageous humor, heartwarming fun and laugh-out-loud antics.

Come on. The original trilogy was great. Shlocky, but very funny. And it revived the dead genre of teen sex comedies (because clearly its in a different league than those assinine teen dramas). Band Camp sucked dick on countless levels. It was a stain on an otherwise great comedy series. So now they're putting another failed one? It doesn't have a single original cast member left. Not even Eugene Levy is in it. Rumors on IMDB suggests that he has a small part in it, but those rumors tend to be inaccurate.
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:46 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

Who cares?
gprime
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:49 pm  Reply with quote

Some people I'm sure.
HORRORHOLIC
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:51 pm  Reply with quote

I don't know man I laughed my ass off at Band Camp

- ALICE COOPER
PowerLeech
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:15 pm  Reply with quote

I liked Band Camp more than Wedding, but if they don't have any of the past cast in it, what's the point? Why call it American Pie? It'll be no different than any of the shitty movies National Lampoons is putting out every week.
sgtpeppers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:20 pm  Reply with quote

PowerLeech wrote:
It'll be no different than any of the shitty movies National Lampoons is putting out every week.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like they are just gonna put out stupid movies and use the American Pie name to sell them.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:27 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

The upside is, Christopher McDonald's in it.

That's it.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
conundrum
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:28 pm  Reply with quote

sgtpeppers wrote:
PowerLeech wrote:
It'll be no different than any of the shitty movies National Lampoons is putting out every week.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like they are just gonna put out stupid movies and use the American Pie name to sell them.

Give that customer a kupie doll!
Finnegan
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:17 am  Reply with quote

Honestly, I didn't think the trilogy was even that great. American Pie was good enough to get on DVD, but the others were only good the first time through, in my opinion. By American Wedding I was thoroughly annoyed with the franchise as a whole, and with the production of "Band Camp", which isn't officially part of the American Pie franchise but shares the name, I almost shot myself in the face.

I mean come on, what is American cinema coming to? Oh wait...
JChimpo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:21 am  Reply with quote

I thought Band Camp was okay, but this is pointless.

--Raoul Duke
Steven Millan
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:58 pm  Reply with quote

Stifler has another brother?! One who's not even covered in all of the sequels?! And:no return of either Jim's (ultra cool)Dad,the Shermantor,or even Jessica(the lesbian:Natasha Lyonne could surely use a return to this series,especially what has happened to her career)and Finch(now that Eddie Kaye THomas' career is completely down the tubes,and he's doing lots o' DTV movies). And just who is this new Stifler family member anyway:the son of both Finch and Jan Stifler(Stifler's Mom) ?!?! Heck,I'd settle for either Jim's cousin(unseen in the films)or that Claudia(Shannon Elizabeth's foreign character)'s visitng sister.

Oh,well:best of luck to this upcoming fifth Pie film.