San Diego Comic-Con 2012: Want to Go to the Movies with My Friend Dahmer?

default-featured-image
Source Name:

The Hollywood Reporter

Source Url:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com

Post Thumb:

/jul12/dahmers.jpg

Jeffrey Dahmer. The name alone can send a chill down the spines of even the most jaded of folks out there. That being said, a new adaptation is on its way that explores the crazed cannibal’s younger days and more. Read on for details.

THR reports that Ibid Filmworks producing partners Marc Meyers and Jody Girgenti have picked up the rights to My Friend Dahmer, the acclaimed and disturbing autobiographical graphic novel by John “Derf” Backderf.

Released earlier in March by Abrams ComicArts, the tome follows Jeffrey Dahmer from age 12, when he was a shy, bespectacled kid, right up to the day he kills his first victim two weeks after high school graduation. It’s set in a bizarre world of 1970s suburbia, where the future serial killer is a troubled teenager, slowly descending into darkness as his divorcing parents, high school teachers, and peers stand by and do nothing.

The graphic novel was told through the perspective of his then-friend Backderf, a fellow oddball, and was praised for being sympathetic yet unflinching.

Backderf is now a political cartoonist who has been twice nominated for an Eisner Award and won the Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award for his political cartoons. Adam Goldworm of Aperture Entertainment will also produce.

San Diego Comic-Con 2012: Want to Go to the Movies with My Friend Dahmer?

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Let’s be friends in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized