FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Shiver Shack -> New Dinner for Fiends coming soon?
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:44 am  Reply with quote

Haha no wonder this is your favorite episode, Buz
The Buz
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:05 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Because I've finally found my long love from Allie Ortin of Utah?
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:45 am  Reply with quote

same shit, different groupie?
The Buz
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:56 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

My god, this needs to happen. ALLIE WHERE ARE YOU!?
Styling Shatner
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:34 am  Reply with quote

I did listen to the show soon after it was posted but it's just now that I've been able to post here.

While a lot of the show had me totally pulling a Johnny Butane (as I pretty much watch zero fiction stuff on TV, including all of the shows discussed), I did say NICE! a few times and it was still interesting to hear the debate between everyone concerning the programs even if I know barely anything about the plots for any of the shows.

Of course it was hilarious hearing everyone lol at that 2016 trailer from Ghana, featuring baby-kicking greatness. And even better was everyone busting a gut over how ridiculous the new Twilight movie is, especially a bunch of vampires owning an island in a sunny tropical climate. I have to laugh especially hard myself because... my sisters enjoy the books/movies and my mom is OBSESSED with it. Sad to say, I am stating fact here.

And yes, the e-mails were entertaining, especially hearing that a girl wrote in and has the hots for Buz.
The Buz
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:08 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

New DFF up on the front page! Go check it out!
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:35 pm  Reply with quote

The way I've been explaining the Devil Inside to people...

Imagine you're having sex, but the foreplay lasts way too long, and JUST as it's starting to get to the good stuff, the other person gets up and walks out of the room without any explanation. You're just left confused and unsatisfied.
Styling Shatner
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:13 am  Reply with quote

Oh wow, I guess I forgot to talk about The Devil Inside episode.

As for that one, it was great to listen to all the arguing in the first half hour concerning that film. I happened to be in the vast majority who thought the movie was crap. Sure, by the time I saw it (at a drive-in! No kidding) the first Sunday night it was out, it was known to me that I would likely think it was bad, but I say my judgment wasn't clouded as it just wasn't all that good aside from some fine moments. There are no angry crowd reports to mention, though.

I couldn't care less about The Girl With... series so I'll skip ahead to The Darkest Hour review, which was hilarious and sounds much better than the actual film. The movie having a Russian tech expert that is comparable to Ivan Vanko is amusing, but overall I am glad I skipped out on that film... like most people did.

As for the newest episode posted just a few days ago, I was fine with the show being that long as it was never boring, and I'm not just talking about the mysterious barking dog that was by Foy.

Quite a few movies were discussed in both a humorous and a learn-ed manner. The only one I've seen so far is The Grey, and I really dug it... including the ending. I did know beforehand that the ending was polarizing, from the reaction some people I know on Facebook had; even those people were divided on if they thought it was great or if it was shite. It was interesting to hear the discussion on the other films.

The moments that really cracked me up were some of the e-mails you got (although the actual serious ones are enjoyable just about as much as the bizarre ones), Kasch confusing Martin Sheen with Michael Sheen, the We Can Be Lycans song, and the "Inside Baseball" talk about the arguing which happens amongst the Dread staff.

Oh, and you don't have to go to the torrentz to watch the original Woman in Black. Not that I'm advocating watching movies on YouTube or other streaming video services, but if you want to, you can watch it in 7 parts on YT. It's pretty easy to find. Also, that Soviet Spirit of Evil movie Andrew mentioned is on YouTube with English subtitles. If that is as hard to find legally as the original Woman In Black is, then you'll have to go that route to watch it.
The Buz
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:12 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Guys new episode is up!
Foywonder
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:50 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

You can thank me for saving this episode from becoming a lost episode. Whether or not you'll still thank me after watching it remains to be seen.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/54111/dinner-fiends-wrath-space-baby
Foywonder
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:59 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

bump past the spam
Styling Shatner
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:49 am  Reply with quote

Well, I'm glad the episode was saved. It was fun even if there were only a few new big releases to talk about; none of the movies that were discussed were seen by me, unless you include The Devil Inside alarm

First off, boy was I confused too by most of the discussion concerning the ATM movie; I had never heard of one of those giant booths which has a few ATM machines inside and look to be about 20 feet by 20 feet; I had to find the trailer online to even have any comprehension of what it was, as I had no idea. From the description of the movie, though, it sounds utterly preposterous, and not even in a fun way.

As for the rest of the episode, I still don't watch The Walking Dead so I just listened and I laughed at how everyone hates Laurie (even I know about that). I've never played a Mass Effect game either, but just recently I heard a videogame podcast do a THREE HOUR plus review of the entire series, and needless to say they didn't care for the ending either.

As for the big films that came out that were discussed, like I said I did not see any of them and now I know that is a good thing. I think it's odd that seemingly the day Silent House came out that's the last I heard of it. It was strange that I heard nothing about it since then and thus I completely forgot about it until this DFF. I had never seen the original Uruguay movie so I didn't really feel like checking out the remake, especially after I heard some bad early reviews. Now that I know the ending I am so glad I did not go out to see it as that sort of resolution to the story would have really pissed me off.

Anyhow, I did enjoy the episode, audio problems and wacky e-mails and offensive Foywonder jokes and all.
Foywonder
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:09 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

New Dinner for Fiends is up - http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/55783/dinner-fiends-dinner-woods
Styling Shatner
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:03 am  Reply with quote

My bad for not commenting on the latest DFF until now, even though I listened to it soon after it came out. The only two movies I saw that were discussed were Lockout and The Raid: Redemption. I am not a Whedon fan so I skipped Cabin in the Woods. Once I heard about it I think I made the right decision, as unpopular as it is to say around places such as this.

Lockout was SO forgettable and pointless. Even if was the R-rated version the rest of the world got I am sure my opinion would not have really changed. Raid, though, was awesome. I saw it two days in a row. It was interesting to hear about the rest of the movies discussed.

I'll be interested in hearing the next show, whenever it arrives, as I have to hear the Prometheus discussion. I was disappointed by it. At least there's a new Foycast posted to listen to.
Foywonder
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:13 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Newest show is up:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/57042/dinner-fiends-anniversary-mayhem-2012