FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Shiver Shack -> New Dinner for Fiends coming soon?
Styling Shatner
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:45 am  Reply with quote

So, yesterday I did quite a bit of listening as I heard both the DFF Destination Super Apes and the DFF Youíre An Idiot episodes.

Destination Super Apes was a good old time. I havenít seen any of the theatrical movies mentioned; I just enjoyed the banter-and the sometimes arguing-amongst everyone. It was nice that aside from the problems on Foyís end there was little ďSkypeing outĒ where the voice ends up sounding like itís Auto-tuned for a few seconds (Fini briefly was rocking that sound) before returning to normal, or the call just gets dropped for no reason at all. Thatís what Iíve heard on many podcasts I listen to and AFAIK thereís nothing you can do to fix that problem, so itís something you have to live with.

Anyhow, it was an entertaining episode and I was NOT expecting talk of such things as fuzzy nipples, John Cena, and Itchy & Scratchy. I also liked the references that Iíve heard on previous DFF shows, such as all the talk of Jaws: The Revenge (including the IMDb quote and Foyís belief it was ripped off by that God-awful I Still Know What You Did Last Summer) and whatnot. I also dug the song that ended the podcast, as that tune has always made me laugh due to it being so preposterousÖ and great at the same time.

The Youíre An Idiot episodeÖ that was great. All the angry arguing was gold to me, especially Foy blowing a gasket over Creepy being a fan of the new Conan movie. I havenít seen any of the theatrical movies mentioned here either aside from one; however itís possible go see Fright Night soon, as I can offer a unique perspective on it, as-horror of horrors-Iíve never seen the original! I have it and the sequel on VHS tape from when a relative taped it off of Showtime in the 80ís which he gave to me (!) so soon after I see the remake Iíll go watch the originals, which I imagine Iíll REALLY appreciate. If I do see that on the big screen I'll then later mention what I thought of it in a more appropriate thread.

The terrible Hellraiser sequel discussion made me laugh (as it always does) and I was disappointed to hear that the Donít Be Afraid of the Dark remake was poor; Iíve never seen the original but I heard good things about the remake; then again most of those good things were from CHUD, and as an associate producer of the movie *created* that siteÖ not to start any trouble with other sites on here, but ďass-kissingĒ is a theory I have in mind.

But anyhowÖ Stay Alive was never the subject of a review on DFF in the past when it came out on the big screen. However, itís been mentioned a few times randomly after it got released, both to laugh at how ludicrous the plot was and even Creepy mentioning of the Elmer Fudd-sounding lady in the unrated edition.

As for Apollo 18, thatís the one film I saw. Maybe it was like with Buzz and his extremely low expectations for Fright Night, but all illogic with the story aside I did not think it was THAT bad. It wasnít one knife like Nomad said, or the other critics said.

Anyway, I'll eagerly await the next episode, even though I know that the next few weeks won't have too much to talk about so I presume the next one will be sometime in October.
The Buz
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:01 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Always look forward to your feedback Shat! Thanks for listening!
Styling Shatner
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:29 pm  Reply with quote

Oh, that's very nice of you to say.

I'll give a compliment right back by saying that I've listened to most of the episodes of Same Shit, Different Show, and I enjoy it a lot. The guests are interesting and you do learn more about the film industry. Right now I'm listening to the AJ Bowen episode.

The one I liked the most was the episode with Kasch, as the tales of working on Thirsty and Never Sleep Again were tremendous.

Check it out at http://www.sameshitdifferentshow.biz/
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:53 am  Reply with quote

Styling Shatner wrote:
Oh, that's very nice of you to say.

I'll give a compliment right back by saying that I've listened to most of the episodes of Same Shit, Different Show, and I enjoy it a lot. The guests are interesting and you do learn more about the film industry. Right now I'm listening to the AJ Bowen episode.

The one I liked the most was the episode with Kasch, as the tales of working on Thirsty and Never Sleep Again were tremendous.

Check it out at http://www.sameshitdifferentshow.biz/

Yeah... after hearing what you guys went through to make that documentary, it seems like "Never Sleep Again" was a really appropriate title. Razz
The Buz
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:22 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Thanks guys! That means a lot, and I'm glad you've been diggin' them. The Daniel Farrands episode just went up yesterday. It's a gooden!
Count Zartro
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:32 pm  Reply with quote

I just checked out You're an Idiot.

I agree the arguing was lots of fun.

I saw the Fright Night remake, I didn't think it was as bad as it was being ragged on. It wasn't great, but in the context of remakes, it wasn't bad. I think I prefer now when a horror remake takes a concept and tries to do something different with it. The original Fright Night is maybe my favorite horror film, if not it's in the top 3. That being said the remake didn't get my blood pressure up like the Nightmare or Halloween remake.

As far as why Collin Farrells Jerry says "Welcome to Fright Night .. For Real", there was a reason it for it. Peter Vincents stage show was called Fright Night, and in the stage show he killed vampires. So it's not like they just threw it in there with no relevance to the current film. I do agree however the Peter Vincent character could have been named Chris Copperfield or David Angel.

One reason I love the Dinner for Fiends podcast is that I don't have a lot of horror friends so it's fun to hear things discussed, even if it can't be interactive. It's a shame the board is dead now. Anyway, I've been listening a long time and I'm happy you guys are still doing these. I listen to these while at the gym and sometimes I almost have accidents I'm laughing so hard.

I'm looking forward to checking out Same Shit, Different Show. I love long in-depth interviews, and I can't wait to dive into the back cataloge!!
Jerel Of The Dead
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:18 am  Reply with quote

me and my brother must see werewolf of woodstock now.
The Buz
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:49 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Jerel Of The Dead wrote:
me and my brother must see werewolf of woodstock now.

We do not do it justice. It's utterly amazing.

Also new episode is up. Kind of. I don't really know what you'd call it...it's not a DFF though..or a foycast...but it's something.
Jerel Of The Dead
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:58 am  Reply with quote

that was truely insane, I loved every second of it.
Foywonder
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:15 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

New 90-minute Dinner for Fiends with 100% more dolphin rape can be heard right now.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/48663/dinner-fiends-sex-type-fiends
kiddcapone
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:09 pm  Reply with quote

Fuck YellowBrickRoad!
Jerel Of The Dead
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:46 am  Reply with quote

Can we have Rape Dolphins the movie as a double feature with Black Christamite?
Styling Shatner
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:47 am  Reply with quote

So, I finally listened to the Raven mini-episode and Sex Type Fiends. Both are hilarious with all the anger and rage being spewed. But, it's great nonetheless as there's also intelligent discussion, and I do agree with Creepy that the turtle scene in Cannibal Holocaust bothers me a lot more than anything like Baby Rape. That was quite the inappropriate discussion, though... and yet I enjoyed it all.

The only theatrical movie discussed that I saw was PA3, and in a different way I enjoyed it just about as much as the first two. They are great to watch with a crowd that is receptive to it. However, I do think that the more they explain the backstory, the less I wish to hear it. Plus, the marketing for the movie still grinds my gears, with all the clips being shown that weren't in the actual film. The entire time I was expecting a "fiery" moment to happen and when it didn't... the people behind that deserve to be cursed!

Oh, and I've heard some real bad things about YellowBrickRoad so that's why I've never seen it.

Anyway, I'll anxiously await the next DFF to arrive, even if it isn't until Christmas time.
The Buz
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:59 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Get ready guys. The new episode of Dinner for Fiends is one of my new personal favorites. Holy hell that was rambunctious.
The Buz
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:41 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/49200/dinner-fiends-coast-brazil