FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Shiver Shack -> Hellraiser Trailer (1987)
Count Zartro
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:20 pm  Reply with quote

I picked up Hellraiser II on Blu-Ray and it started with the original Hellraiser trailer.

I saw this trailer (or a variation of it) on TV when I was 10 years old and it scared me like nothing had up to that point. I don't even know if my brain was able to process some of the quick images that I saw.

I think the scariest trailers I saw as a kid were this one, A Nightmare on Elm Street, I remember the sheet wrapping around the guys neck, which made me not want to go to bed, and then Silent Night Deadly Night, that image of Santa with an axe, wow.

It's amazing how different the horror genre is now. I think that is true for every generation though.

I have met people who's life begins and ends in the 70's as far as horror goes, but I'm a child of the 80's and I wouldn't trade it. I loved as a kid going to the video stores and looking at the posters on the wall, or the box covers. Chopping Mall comes to mind as a poster that stood out.

All in all good times, it was just fun to pick up that bluray and have those memories come back due to the Hellraiser trailer. Such good stuff. Very Happy