FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Shiver Shack -> Beneath The Surface of Clive Barker's Abarat
jkincer
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:24 am  Reply with quote

The ebook of Beneath The Surface of Clive Barker's Abarat was just released yesterday. From the publisher's website:

Clive Barker's New York Times bestselling series of Abarat books have captured the imaginations of readers of all ages. Now, ahead of the publication of Absolute Midnight (the third book in the series) later this year, comes this lavishly illustrated 120 page companion book. Beneath The Surface of Clive Barker's Abarat features unprecedented access to the author's creative working methods, including his paintings, work-in-progress sketches and early drafts, a brand new interview conducted by a super-smart classroom of Abarat readers and their teacher, the previously unpublished original opening for the Abarat books, lots of teasers for Absolute Midnight and much more...

It is only available from YUDU:
http://www.yudu.com/item/details/326652/Beneath-The-Surface-of-Clive-Barker-s-Abarat

A limited edition softcover will be out next month, but I believe it is already sold out. Absolute Midnight won't be out until September, so this is a great way to pass the time!

More info is available direct from Barkers website:
http://www.clivebarker.info/newsbeneath.html

Enjoy!
Karloff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:18 pm  Reply with quote

I love Clive, and I love Abarat. But I really don't go in for these limited edition releases of books. Just release the thing in mass publication, goddamnit, so we can all read it.