FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> The Walking Dead
David
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:37 pm  Reply with quote

doubleh55 wrote:

You're also making the assumption that these same rednecks that have guns in their houses didn't already arm themselves to the teeth with their own guns to protect themselves. I would think that if you're a gun owner and the dead have come back to life, you're not keeping your guns in their lock boxes or trophy cases. Look back at the pilot. Rick gets to his house and finds that all the guns are gone. You mean to tell me Rick's family is the only family that when they left their houses, left their guns?

That's a good point. You'd think there would be more survivors if that was the case though. There are enough guns and ammo in this country to take care of a zombie outbreak without even having to get the military involved.

doubleh55 wrote:

I'll also defend them going back for Merle. Rick isn't just dedicated to his family but he's dedicated to being a police officer. If he wasn't so concerned with doing the right thing, he wouldn't have bothered to wear his police uniform. He would have just put on something more readily available. Shane is never in his uniform and he's the one that's turning into a negative douche bag.

Well, Rick mentioned that his main reason for going back is to get the guns. That would be the only sane reason. You also bring up another thing that bugged me. The apocalypse happened months ago, Rick is out of his jurisdiction and yet he keeps putting on his sheriff outfit day after day. Is he hoping to get re-elected? Shane is the one wearing sensible attire.
doubleh55
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:21 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
That's a good point. You'd think there would be more survivors if that was the case though. There are enough guns and ammo in this country to take care of a zombie outbreak without even having to get the military involved.

I take it you haven't read the zombie survival guide or World War Z yet.
kiddcapone
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:50 pm  Reply with quote

doubleh55 wrote:
Quote:
1. The fact they handcuffed Merle to the roof and chained the only door to prevent zombies from getting him, then when he escapes, there's a completely unprotected second way off the roof where zombies who were in the building, never once stumbled upon.

We never saw Merle's escape. You're making assumptions based on the only information that he's not there when they come back. Like you're trying really hard to be upset over the inconsequential.

Quote:
2. The hospital scene. There's a zombie apocalypse going on, a military shootout inside, and Rick lies quietly in his hospital bed without being found by anyone because Shane rolled a gurney in front of the door. Really? Zombies can't push things out of the way? It would have made much more sense if Shane barricaded the door from the inside and then scaled down the side of the building.

So how is Shane going to actually scale down the side of the building when it was shown that Rick wasn't even on the first floor? According to your logic, that would also be completely unrealistic. I also recall in the pilot he had a difficult time opening the door because of the gurney in the way.

Quote:
3. The fact they treat guns like they are gold. I understand that scavengers probably looted gun shops and such, but last time I checked, there's millions of gun owners in the US, and right now, they are DEAD. Send out scout teams into private houses and look for guns. I seriously doubt they are ALL missing. Right now survivors are the minority, right? There's probably 20,000 guns per person left alive. Find some.

I would bet you a million dollars if you were alive during a zombie apocalypse, looting random houses in the chance you'll find guns but a much higher chance of just running into zombies is the last thing on your mind.

You're also making the assumption that these same rednecks that have guns in their houses didn't already arm themselves to the teeth with their own guns to protect themselves. I would think that if you're a gun owner and the dead have come back to life, you're not keeping your guns in their lock boxes or trophy cases. Look back at the pilot. Rick gets to his house and finds that all the guns are gone. You mean to tell me Rick's family is the only family that when they left their houses, left their guns?

I'll also defend them going back for Merle. Rick isn't just dedicated to his family but he's dedicated to being a police officer. If he wasn't so concerned with doing the right thing, he wouldn't have bothered to wear his police uniform. He would have just put on something more readily available. Shane is never in his uniform and he's the one that's turning into a negative douche bag.
[/quote]

Just when I thought you couldn't sound like a bigger uber dork you proved me wrong with the "haven't read the zombie survival guide or World War Z" comment. Yikes! You do know that zombies are NOT fucking real, don't you? To argue anything outside of very basic logic is ridiculous.

I didn't make any assumptions about Merles escape. They clearly show his path. He walked to the other side of the roof where there was an open fucking door. That's not inconsequential, it's a big plot hole. The reality is, he really didn't have a way off the roof and that was an easy fix. If there was another door, they would have chained that shut too, since they DIDN'T want him eaten by zombies. Neutral

The hospital: Really? You're talking about unrealistic when talking about a show about dead people walking around eating flesh? They could have easily had Rick on the 2nd floor and Shane jump onto ANYTHING, a lower roof maybe, then onto a truck, and then to the ground. A distance too high for zombies to climb and plausable enough to make the room barricaded enough to NOT let zombies get him. You really think it's more logical that a bunch of flesh eating zombies couldn't push a gurney WITH WHEELS out of the way to get a meal? Maybe the breaks were on it... Laughing

Your gun argument is weak. Survivors are the minority. Not everyone turned into zombies after being home first grabbing guns, I'm sure. Some were at work, out shopping, etc. So take into account all the gun shops, stores that sell guns, private home owners...finding guns shouldn't be THAT difficult. If they survivors travel in packs searching homes and stores, especially in the least zombie populated areas, like small towns, getting overcome shouldn't even be a concern.

And finally, Rick is NO LONGER a police officer, He has ZERO authority to do anything. The fact he still wears his uniform makes him look like a jackass. I don't care how dedicated you are, if you barely escaped death and by some miracle find you wife and son who you prayed were not dead and need to protect, you're not going to let them out of your sight so you can rescue some stranger the very next day.
doubleh55
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:19 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
Just when I thought you couldn't sound like a bigger uber dork you proved me wrong with the "haven't read the zombie survival guide or World War Z" comment. Yikes! You do know that zombies are NOT fucking real, don't you? To argue anything outside of very basic logic is ridiculous.

Quote:
The hospital: Really? You're talking about unrealistic when talking about a show about dead people walking around eating flesh?

Very basic logic dictates that you don't jump three stories or higher onto a roof that may or may not be there.

Why do you even watch horror movies and tv? Zombies, Jason Vorhees, The Blob, etc are all not real. Yet there are going to be a ton of "unrealistic" human behavior in these movies and I bet you just go with it because they're movies and tv shows that are fiction.

Also, when you watch things you can't assume everybody thinks the way you do. You might not have left camp like Rick did to get the guns and Merle but that doesn't mean Rick wouldn't.
kiddcapone
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:50 pm  Reply with quote

doubleh55 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
The hospital: Really? You're talking about unrealistic when talking about a show about dead people walking around eating flesh?

Very basic logic dictates that you don't jump three stories or higher onto a roof that may or may not be there.

Why do you even watch horror movies and tv? Zombies, Jason Vorhees, The Blob, etc are all not real. Yet there are going to be a ton of "unrealistic" human behavior in these movies and I bet you just go with it because they're movies and tv shows that are fiction.

Also, when you watch things you can't assume everybody thinks the way you do. You might not have left camp like Rick did to get the guns and Merle but that doesn't mean Rick wouldn't.

Seriously, if you are above the age of 14, you really need some help.

Very basic logic dictates that a roof can exist anywhere the writer decides to place one. And who said anything about 3 stories high? If they wrote the script to make it a 2nd floor window, and yes, I'll take out the roof that the writer may or may not write into the script, but instead replace it with a wrecked ambulance for example, you can easily hang drop from a 2nd floor window onto the roof of an ambulance and survive. We're not talking about a 9 story leap. If they WROTE THE SCRIPT THAT WAY, WHICH THEY DIDN'T, it would have been more plausable that the reason Rick was the only person left alive in the hospital and never found by soldiers or flesh eating zombies if Shane barricaded the door from the INSIDE. Just putting a fucking gurney on wheels in front of the door serves about as much a realistic purpose as a fucking Do Not Disturb sign.

The best movies are the kind where it's real people doing real things put into UNREAL situations. Just because zombies, Jason Voorhees, The Blob, whatever, is in the movie, doesn't me a normal human can sprout wings and fly since the other people in the movie are not real either. Sure you CAN do it, but then it kills whatever small amount of realism you had going for it. The Walking Dead is supposed to be a "what if" type show. What if this really happened, how would humanity deal with it?

I guess the best way to survive a zombie attack would be to place a fucking shopping cart in front of your door because zombies are too stupid to roll or push it out of the way. Laughing
David
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:12 pm  Reply with quote

kiddcapone wrote:
I guess the best way to survive a zombie attack would be to place a fucking shopping cart in front of your door because zombies are too stupid to roll or push it out of the way. Laughing

I would buy that zombies are too stupid to move the gurney except the show has shown them to have a keen sense of smell and they have picked up bricks and rocks to smash the windows.

At the start of the first episode I figured there was a nurse or doctor still in the hospital and they'd been caring for Rick until they started succumbing to the virus. If things had calmed down by that time it would make sense for their final act to be barring the door from the outside before they wandered off to die. It turns out that Shane's spur of the moment plan lacked focus but it worked wonderfully well.
doubleh55
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:12 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
Seriously, if you are above the age of 14, you really need some help.

You must not be over the age of 14 to understand you are coming across as an ignorant person who can't have a discussion without resorting to comments like these. I understand the internet has completely changed the discourse of rational human behavior but come on man. Try not to be a dick with other people on the board.

Unless you're talking about how you prefer english dubs then you can fuck off. Smile
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:46 am  Reply with quote

FINALLY caught up and watched the whole season. In relation to the comic, it's really weird. it keeps a lot of stuff (and the first episode is almost a DIRECT translation), but it definitely veers off in a different direction in a lot of ways, which caught me off-guard. It keeps the tone and a lot of the major plot points, though (such as the love triangle), so it doesn't bother me in that regard, really.

I liked it so far, and I think the last episode was probably my favorite. Can't wait to see more.
Lantern Man
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:00 pm  Reply with quote

Location: an hour south of Tampa... just follow the "old man" smell.

nonserviam03 wrote:
FINALLY caught up and watched the whole season.

Same here. It's interesting, reading some of the gripes here about the show. I found the same things a little bothersome (the gurney, the supposed preciousness of guns in rural Georgia), but I'm letting those things slide as it's WONDERFUL to watch a show that isn't "reality-based" obnoxiousness.

I mean really, isn't the show better than anything with "Snooki" in it?

And some things in the show work pretty well. Like the one character, pointing a gun at the sheriff, not knowing to turn off her safety. A lot of people don't know how to handle weapons, and I thought that was a realistic touch. Maybe in a future episode someone will shoot at a zombie's head from like, three feet away, and miss...
Lantern Man
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:20 pm  Reply with quote

Location: an hour south of Tampa... just follow the "old man" smell.

Tshoffie wrote:
...and the fact that it sets up the two former parteners for confrontation now that his wife and kids are taking up with the partner is so friggen cliche and its very predictible as to how thats gonna pan out..giving the show a soap opera kinda feel..

The one thing about relationship triangles in other shows, is that the person left out can always walk away and find someone else. Not here. There aren't any more "fish in the sea."

That said, the writers really haven't explored this aspect of the group yet. I hope they do, as the group has something like two women and six guys. Sooner or later it's going to be a problem.
Jimmyjawz
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:49 pm  Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new here.

I just finished watching it for the first time on blu-ray and I thought it was amazing.

I can't wait for season 2!

Smile

Jim
jwp67dihcx
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:52 pm  Reply with quote

i myself just finished this one too. a little short for one season though. can't wait for next season!
stephenmar
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:38 am  Reply with quote

I've been watching the new show The Walking Dead. In the first episode he woke up from a coma after being shot and after the zombie outbreak happened.
Max Cleanse
financrisval
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:55 pm  Reply with quote

I guess i really need to watch this movie. I really like horror movies.Very Happy

Financial Crisis Tips
Intheend
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:45 pm  Reply with quote

Can't wait until the Season 2 premier tonight! Great use of Johnny Cash's "I see a darkness" in the promo trailer.