FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Shiver Shack -> The people reasponsible for the death of Scream
horrorlord
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:47 pm  Reply with quote

It's very frustrating to me that the lack of support the Scream franchise has gotten with the Scream 4 release.The fan's le the franchise down with there lack of support because they were either too lazy or too tight to put out the small amount of cash to go see it.For those of you that were like me and did go and see it I want to say THANK YOU for trying to keep the franchise going,but even with our efforts the turn out wasn't good enough and now it's highly unlikley will ever see another entry in the series thanks to those one's who didn't.I feel bad for the studio,Wes Craven and the other film maker's who worked hard on the film only for the fan's to stick there nose up too it.Hopefully when A Nightmare on Elm street and Friday the 13th get's there sequel's the fan's will get there act together and come out and show there support after all it's bad enough they ruined one franchise.If it happened to either A Nightmare on Elm street or Friday the 13th it would be beyond a tragedy.Halloween I have to also include with those two.When you lay down at night you need to think about the Scream franchise you destroyed and how if this is the end of Wes Craven's career the lack of support and respect you showed him.If this is it for him it's sad that this is the fan apprechiation that he's getting from you after all the great entertainment he's delivered to us for year's.
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:54 am  Reply with quote

People didn't go see Scream 4 because they weren't interested. It's a sequel to a movie that a lot of horror fans don't like, and a LOT of horror fans blame it for "ruining" horror during the 90s. Hell, the original trilogy only made so much bank because a lot of non-horror fans went to see it (because of the actors from popular TV shows). This one just didn't have much going for it in the way of drawing in people who weren't already fans of the series. Whether you agree or not, you can't blame them for not spending money on a movie they don't want to see.

And as far Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street, no self-respecting horror fan actually looks forward to a sequel to either of those crappy remakes. Platinum Dunes is doing EXACTLY what a lot of people claim Scream tried to do, it's ruining horror.

And lastly, horror fans did their job just fine, since Insidious seems to be doing pretty well at the box office. I'll trade three sequels for one new original movie any day.
horrorlord
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:14 pm  Reply with quote

First of all the Nightmare on Elm street and Friday the 13th remake's were awesome and any true horror fan will support those franchise's over an original movie because those are the standard of greatness.
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:19 pm  Reply with quote

horrorlord wrote:
First of all the Nightmare on Elm street and Friday the 13th remake's were awesome and any true horror fan will support those franchise's over an original movie because those are the standard of greatness.

LMAO go rummage through the forums here and find the threads where we discussed those movies. It was pretty unanimous that everyone hated them. Friday the 13th maybe not QUITE as much, but it still garnered a lot of hate. A Nightmare On Elm Street, on the other hand, that movie was a steaming pile of dog shit and pretty much everyone knew it.

And I can't even begin to explain how wrong it is to support sequels over original movies. How old are you?

Last edited by nonserviam03 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
kiddcapone
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:19 pm  Reply with quote

Is this post a joke?

Scream shouldn't have had ONE sequel let alone three. How many times can you milk the same fucking one-note plot? The same characters? Dewey acting like a doofus. Gail trying to solve the mystery. Sydney killing whatever new person who dresses as Ghostface for some new ridiculous reason. None of them ever dying. Two killers always involved. Asking what's your favorite horror movie. Stabbing EVERYONE with a knife. Someone imitating (by cell phone app ???) the voice of the original killers. Really? Seriously, they downloaded a fucking cell phone app to imitate ghostface's voice in this new movie? How uber-lame.

The remakes of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St, and Halloween are all pieces of trash. It wouldn't be a tragedy to see those franchises end, it would be a fucking miracle. Clearly they are not in the hands of the right people interested in doing new fresh creative interesting takes on the original.

I certainly hope this IS the final nail in Wes Craven's suspect career. I'm still amazed he was ever clever enough to write and direct something like A Nightmare on Elm Street in the first place. I'll give him Scream and New Nightmare, but everything else has been either mediocre or total shit. Hell, everything he's done in the last decade plus has been garbage especially Scream 3 and 4, My Soul to Take, and Cursed.

Good riddance Scream franchise, and don't worry, we won't be screaming for a part 5 any time soon....
Count Zartro
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:31 pm  Reply with quote

horrorlord wrote:

No.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 pm  Reply with quote

horrorlord wrote:
You must be fucking with us. If you aren't, wow.
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:31 pm  Reply with quote

I get the feeling he's a teenager. If he is, I'll cut him some slack.
Sirand
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:27 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Scream 4 tanked because they blew $40 million dollars to make.

Think about that: $40 million dollars... for a SLASHER movie. It cost more than Scream 1 & 2 COMBINED. And for what?

Meanwhile, INSIDIOUS is made for less than a mil, kicks its ass in every way, and is the most profitable movie of the year.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:57 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
Scream 4 tanked because they blew $40 million dollars to make.

Think about that: $40 million dollars... for a SLASHER movie. It cost more than Scream 1 & 2 COMBINED. And for what?

Meanwhile, INSIDIOUS is made for less than a mil, kicks its ass in every way, and is the most profitable movie of the year.
If I were a betting man, I'd bet that a very large chunk of the budget went to Craven, Arquette, Cambell, and Cox. I'm sure the executive producers helped themselves to quite a bit of cash as well.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:02 pm  Reply with quote

I haven't seen Scream 4 mostly because it just looks "meh". But anyone who says Scream ruined horror in the 90's is pretty much an idiot. It ushered horror back into the mainstream in a huge way and paved the way for the few good American horror films we have gotten since. But it also brought the idea that talented actors could be involved in horror. That's always a good thing.

And anyone complaining about the same plot while championing the Friday the 13th series, is just about as dim-witted as they come.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:04 pm  Reply with quote

horrorlord wrote:

THIS is why I don't post on message boards anymore. And...I'm out.
The Buz
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:35 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Don't feed the trolls.
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:36 am  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
Don't feed the trolls.

But this is the most traffic we've seen on here in MONTHS
Goblinking
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:27 pm  Reply with quote

horrorlord wrote:

how old are you?