FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Mortal Kombat
Count Zartro
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:08 pm  Reply with quote

I picked up Mortal Kombat for the PS3 and I am loving it!!

The fighting engine is great, and the Story Mode is something I am really enjoying. I love how the game is going through the first 3 Mortal Kombats and allowing you to see how things play out.

The voice acting is really good and all the favorite characters are present. It's fun to see these enviornments alive and in 3D after having been so familiar with them from the arcades. The graphics and backgrounds are amazing.

There is also the standard MK arcade ladder mode, where you fight opponents while working your way up to bosses, to obtain character specific endings.

The Krypt from the 3D MK games returns with Koffins you can open to unlock items, costumes, ect.

There is also a Battle Tower with 300 challenges for you to try.

I'm really enjoying this game, is anyone else out there playing?
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:57 pm  Reply with quote

I got it for the 360 and it does rock! My favorite fatality is Johnny Cage's And The Winner Is......He karate chops the opponent's head in half, and then he jams a golden trophy in the stump! Laughing
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:27 pm  Reply with quote

Kabal has a pretty intense fatality. I think it's the only one where intestines get pulled out lol. Yay hook swords.

My only real gripe pertains to the story mode. One particular change that involves dramatically changing a well-established and popular character. It just makes me worry a bit that they might not be in the next game in a more traditional fashion.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:56 am  Reply with quote

Love it, but still mad that after all these years we still can't play as or use fatalities on Goro
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:59 pm  Reply with quote

BlackFlagg wrote:
Love it, but still mad that after all these years we still can't play as or use fatalities on Goro

You can play as him in a couple of the previous games (Trilogy, Armageddon)
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:59 am  Reply with quote

nonserviam03 wrote:
Kabal has a pretty intense fatality. I think it's the only one where intestines get pulled out lol. Yay hook swords.

My only real gripe pertains to the story mode. One particular change that involves dramatically changing a well-established and popular character. It just makes me worry a bit that they might not be in the next game in a more traditional fashion.
You're talking about Cyber Sub-Zero right? If so, I agree. Not too fond of cybernetic Sub-Zero.
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:07 am  Reply with quote

LSD Zombie wrote:
nonserviam03 wrote:

You're talking about Cyber Sub-Zero right? If so, I agree. Not too fond of cybernetic Sub-Zero.

Yeah. I'd be fine with it if at the end we had at least ONE Sub-Zero, but the older brother is dead, and resurrected as Noob Saibot, and the younger brother is a robot.

Ending with no Sub-Zero.
Count Zartro
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:07 pm  Reply with quote

It makes me wonder if they will have someone 'take up the mantle' of Sub-Zero in the next game.

I finished story mode and

**Spoilers**

I was shocked at how many people were killed by Sindel.
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:28 pm  Reply with quote

Count Zartro wrote:
It makes me wonder if they will have someone 'take up the mantle' of Sub-Zero in the next game.

**Spoilers**

Unless someone shows up with the exact same powers, I don't think that's possible
Count Zartro
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 pm  Reply with quote

nonserviam03 wrote:
Count Zartro wrote:

**Spoilers**

Unless someone shows up with the exact same powers, I don't think that's possible

That would be my thoughts, someone with those powers, as opposed to something like a clone. Mortal Kombat gets out there with the plots sometimes so there is no telling what they may do if they want that character represented again.
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:35 pm  Reply with quote

Count Zartro wrote:
nonserviam03 wrote:
Count Zartro wrote:

**Spoilers**

That would be my thoughts, someone with those powers, as opposed to something like a clone. Mortal Kombat gets out there with the plots sometimes so there is no telling what they may do if they want that character represented again.

My hope is that they just say that special forces spent a lot of money to reverse the process or something. I like the younger brother storyline-wise and I'd hate for him to remain a robot.

Honestly, what they SHOULD have done is have had Scorpion spare the older brother, and have HIM get turned into a cyborg. Since the biggest drawback of being a cyborg is you lose your soul, they could still have had his soul go to the Netherrealm and become Noob Saibot. That's what I'd have done.
Count Zartro
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:58 am  Reply with quote

nonserviam03 wrote:
Count Zartro wrote:
nonserviam03 wrote:
Count Zartro wrote:

**Spoilers**

My hope is that they just say that special forces spent a lot of money to reverse the process or something. I like the younger brother storyline-wise and I'd hate for him to remain a robot.

Honestly, what they SHOULD have done is have had Scorpion spare the older brother, and have HIM get turned into a cyborg. Since the biggest drawback of being a cyborg is you lose your soul, they could still have had his soul go to the Netherrealm and become Noob Saibot. That's what I'd have done.

Now that would have been a good idea.

No one I've seen comment on Cyber Sub-Zero seems to be a big fan of him.

Your idea is the best of both worlds.