Stir of Echoes Sequel Info & Pic

default-featured-image

It’s hard to believe it has been seven years since I first saw Stir of Echoes. That may have been the last Kevin Bacon film I ever saw, and it will remain that way since Bacon will not be returning for a second helping of creepy ghost madness. Cast in the lead of the new film, Stir of Echoes: The Dead Speak, is Rob Lowe.

According to Fangoria this new entry, being released through Lionsgate next year, is not a direct follow-up to the first film’s plot. In Stir of Echoes: The Dead Speak, National Guard Captain Ted Cogan (Lowe) is responsible for the deaths of innocent civilians. Though the loss of life was accidental, the pissed off souls of the dead don’t see it that way.

Captain Cogan has become haunted by the restless spirits and seeks help from psychic Jake Witzky (Zachary Bennett). Can an odd psychic help Ted Cogan regain control of his life before it all crashes down?

“>

Though this film is of a lower budget than the original, that may help steer the outcome in a more original direction: Characters may develop, and stories may remain interesting. What if it comes down to less flashy effects and more story? We’ll find out next year!

Kryten Syxx

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Seen a ghost? Let me know in our forums!

Share: 

Categorized: