Bill Skarsgard Used PENNYWISE to Make Young THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME Co-Star Cry

Antonio Campos’ The Devil All the Time is now streaming on Netflix. And today, the director shared a fun story where Bill Skarsgard used Pennywise from Stephen King’s IT to bring young co-star Michael Banks Repeta to tears.

Campos tells Interview: “The funniest thing about that scene in particular, is that I sat down with him and his mother, and you know how when you’re dealing with a kid in sensitive scenes in a film that the kid would otherwise never see, you try to protect them? His mom was like, “Banks is very mature for his age. He’s not scared of horror movies or anything. He’s a pretty tough kid.” And Banks was like, “Yeah, I’m not scared of monsters or anything. There’s just one thing that I’m kind of scared of and that’s Pennywise.” And I was like, “… Pennywise?” And I looked at the mother right away, and she was like, “Don’t say anything.”

He adds: “He didn’t realize that Bill was the thing that haunted his nightmares. So I was like, “Bill, do not tell this kid that you are the clown.” And Bill is like, “Oh my god. I’m totally going to tell him.” So the day that we were shooting that scene, Bill was like, “They don’t think you can know this, but I know you’re a smart kid. I’m the clown in It.” And Banks was like, “Whoa, that’s crazy. I didn’t know that. Alright.” And I don’t know if this is connected, but in the middle of that scene Banks just burst into tears way before he was supposed to. I think that somehow really got to him.”

Based on the novel by Donald Ray Pollock, Netflix’s The Devil All the Time co-stars Tom Holland, Jason Clarke, Riley Keough, Robert Pattinson, Eliza Scanlen, Sebastian Stan, Harry Melling, Haley Bennett, and Mia Wasikowska (Stoker).

Have you seen The Devil All the Time yet? Make sure to hit us up and let us know what you think in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: