FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> What Will You Be Playing This Christmas?
Karloff
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:10 pm  Reply with quote

As the title says, really.

There honestly hasn't been much out recently that's given me a "must-have-at-all-costs" moment. But, knowing the wife of one of the guys who worked on Fable 3, and given that I've always enjoyed the Fable games, I think I'll be getting that one this December 25th.

I know Molyneux always promises what he can't deliver, and the games always fall short of coming up with the goods on every level (and, god knows, they're hardly Zelda-beaters) but they're enjoyable fare all the same.

As for next year, I'm looking forward to the next Batman game rather a lot.[/i]
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:12 pm  Reply with quote

I'll be playing a lot of Fallout New Vegas.
Karloff
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:15 pm  Reply with quote

Ahh, I do like the look of that (I don't think Mrs Christmas took the hint, though). Fallout 3 was outstanding.
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:03 am  Reply with quote

Karloff wrote:
Ahh, I do like the look of that (I don't think Mrs Christmas took the hint, though). Fallout 3 was outstanding.

After much playing, it's good, but different. It FEELS a bit more like Fallout 1 and 2 supposedly are (makes sense, since it's back in the West, and has a lot of the creative guys behind 1 and 2 behind it). It feels like there's less stuff to fight in the wasteland, and there aren't as many abandoned buildings or subway tunnels, so I'm feeling a huge lack of feral ghouls. There's also a lot less Super Mutants, but the ones that do show up are cooler than the ones in Fallout 3, since they're actual characters.

Haven't finished the main story yet, but I like that part of it a lot. There are three sides you can take, so it's really pretty open ended, way more so than Fallout 3.

Overall, the social interactions and storyline are really good, but the game feels a bit less combat oriented.
Karloff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:52 pm  Reply with quote

That's fine; the combat in Fallout 3 was the least impressive aspect of the game for me.

I'll wait until I'm done with Fable 3 and Mass Effect 2 before I get the new Fallout.
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:31 pm  Reply with quote

How's Fable 3? I've been hearing a lot of bad things, but I'm still probably gonna play it.

Just finished FNV btw, the end is a lot better than F3. It actually HAS a final boss.
Karloff
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:42 pm  Reply with quote

Fable 3 is more of the same only slightly better. So if you liked Fable 2, you'll like this. Games TM magazine called it two thirds of a great game. I'm still in the early stages, though, so I don't know how bad it gets towards the end.