FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> The Walking Dead
Legba
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:58 pm  Reply with quote

LSD Zombie wrote:
Legba wrote:
Watched this morning. Pretty much average stuff. Patiche of the first three Romeo movies, mired by 'humanist' drama that's TV writing 101, with no sense of artistic style I can gather. About like you'd figure it shaking down. Not something I'd watch weekly, but maybe give an episode another whirl down the line.

......................This coming from someone who was intrigued by Zombie's Halloween films. Amazing.

Ha...low blow. I guess I better turn in my fan boy card then. Ironically, the fact that it appears to be so fresh in your mind, as well as inspire such aggravation by the like is validation enough for me.
The Buz
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:26 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Legba wrote:
LSD Zombie wrote:
Legba wrote:
Watched this morning. Pretty much average stuff. Patiche of the first three Romeo movies, mired by 'humanist' drama that's TV writing 101, with no sense of artistic style I can gather. About like you'd figure it shaking down. Not something I'd watch weekly, but maybe give an episode another whirl down the line.

......................This coming from someone who was intrigued by Zombie's Halloween films. Amazing.

Ha...low blow. I guess I better turn in my fan boy card then. Ironically, the fact that it appears to be so fresh in your mind, as well as inspire such aggravation by the like is validation enough for me.

Bad taste is hard to forget at times. Laughing
Legba
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:26 pm  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
Legba wrote:
LSD Zombie wrote:
Legba wrote:

Bad taste is hard to forget at times. Laughing

Then again some bad taste is necessary for it's lasting effects. Better than NO taste at all.
voorheesville
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:49 am  Reply with quote

****SPOILER ALERT**** Was anyone else disturbed by the death of the horse? or was it more unsettling when the sheriff shot the zombie child in the very first scene?
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:23 am  Reply with quote

Damn I hope Reedus and Rooker die next episode. Horrible characters in an otherwise fantastic series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scotto
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:43 am  Reply with quote

voorheesville wrote:
****SPOILER ALERT**** Was anyone else disturbed by the death of the horse? or was it more unsettling when the sheriff shot the zombie child in the very first scene?

At the very least, it answered my long-wondered question concerning zombies and animals. I've seen it, but not so voraciously. But yeah, it was disturbing, in particularly because of the "no worries" speech Grimes gave it.

Thinking it might have been a convenient way for the producers to omit animals in any of the scenes, or perhaps to include one in an interesting way in the future. Not read the books, so don't know.
Elf
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:29 am  Reply with quote

voorheesville wrote:

Yeah, I felt sorry for the horse. Then again, I'm in tears when they show those animal protection agency commercials on TV. However I mock the ones with the kids from the third world countries. What that says about me, I don't want to think about . . .

My husband and I are adoring this show, the characterization, I really, really like the main character.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:37 am  Reply with quote

voorheesville wrote:

I expected it. The same thing happens in the comics. Rick is overrun by zombies who take him and the horse down and feast on the horse while Rick is able to run away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cthulhu23
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:23 am  Reply with quote
Seeking the other 22 Cthulhus

I think the series is great. It has far surpassed my expectations of what a Zombie based TV series could be. Maybe I am easily impressed?!? I dunno
Sirand
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:11 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I love how it strays from the graphic novel into new territory and the new characters (especially Reedus) kick major ass. I'm on the edge of my seat!
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:09 am  Reply with quote

I'm actually glad to see that Shane hasn't bitten the dust yet. He seems to be more remorseful than his comic counterpart.

As for the FX, Nicotero has created some of the most eye-popping zombie make-ups I've ever seen! There's been one or two distinctively gruesome hero zombies present in every episode thus far. And I felt every single one of those bites on Sunday's episode.

I can't wait to find out what Merle is up to.....
Terminal
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:34 am  Reply with quote

I'm also Glad Shane is still alive and kicking. He's slimy and obnoxious but you love to hate him.

Last night's episode was amazing.

Granted the zombie siege was intense, but the sub-plot with the Mexicans caring for the old people was heartbreaking. It's very very true to how hispanics revere the elderly.

Wonderful goddamn show.
Sirand
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:11 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

LSD Zombie wrote:

Creepy threw out a MAJOR theory, which I'm willing to get behind:

Merle will be The Governor.
Terminal
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:29 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
LSD Zombie wrote:

Creepy threw out a MAJOR theory, which I'm willing to get behind:

Merle will be The Governor.

Doubtful. But good theory.
Ultimo Franco
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:01 am  Reply with quote

Whether or not Merle becomes the actual Governor or just ends up working for him, it's gonna come down to a hand-for-a-hand situation, for sure.